Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 AM

173 posts, read 443,958 times

Advertisements

There are also some small, tight-knit Asian groups/communities around. If you are religious, there are churches. The go-to authentic Chinese restaurant (if you are Chinese or like that cuisine) seems to be New Asia in Germantown, and there is a grocery store in Hickory Hill. There are young professional groups as well that attempt to welcome newcomers to town.

I wouldn't call the Asian population significant, by any means, but they are definitely around, so welcome to Memphis/Millington and I hope it's a wonderful experience for you and your family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 PM

7 posts, read 12,364 times
Oh thank you so much for all the tips, this forum greatly helps us a lot. as of now we are still undecided whether to rent or buy a house because my family always move from state to state from east coast to west coast, mainland to overseas.

We are from the big apple by the way, NYC. Its going to be a big difference when we move there.

Any specific place or street you guys suggest to rent/buy a house in Bartlett county?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated! God bless you all!

Old 10-15-2014, 08:10 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,398,227 times
If you decide you just want to rent an apartment, these are the nicest in Bartlett. Quail Ridge Highlands | Apartments for Rent in Bartlett, TN
These are just across the street and not quite as nice, but still an ok place to live. Quail Ridge | Apartments for Rent in Bartlett, TN
It's all going to seem very quiet and country after living in New York. But you'll probably like the prices. If you do like the area, make sure that wherever you choose is in the city limits of Bartlett. A lot of places advertise "Bartlett" but aren't.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:28 PM

Thank you very much, looking forward to start our lives there! Thank you guys for all the support and information!

We truly appreciate it!

Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,871 times
Are you looking for a big change from NYC? Or would you prefer something similar - as similar as you could get here! As in, a walkable area? Stores nearby? Do you want a big yard to take care of, or no yard?

If you buy, choose a realtor that you can trust. As noted above, many many times a house/rental is advertised as "downtown" when it's not, as "Germantown" when it's not, etc. And those legalities make a HUGE difference for your property taxes, safety, schools, and police.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:51 PM

680 posts, read 1,034,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhammy View Post
Thank you so much for this great information CristenS.

I am asking for a big hospital because of medical/health reasons. I believe we only have a clinic inside millington, wife prefers civilian doctors due to their vast experience.

Are larkland and bartlet suburb areas too? In the reviews they have outstanding elementary schools.
Lakeland and Bartlett are nice and are not far from Millington.

I'd consider Collierville since it would be so easy to take I-269 to work....there's usually low traffic there and it's an easy drive. Collierville is a good, safe community with a lot of international transplants that work at FedEx or one of the tech companies around there. They have excellent public and private schools, a full service hospital, a nice shopping district, and plenty of recreation.

Arlington is also a good choice, but it is more rural with fewer amenities. It's also safe and clean like Collierville....just a bit smaller.

Welcome to the Memphis area. Good luck in your move, and I hope you are comfortable with a slower pace and more laid back atmosphere.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:09 AM

Thanks so much Tigerphan, reallya ppreciate the inputs. Hopefully we will enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis