Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:44 AM

82 posts, read 141,054 times

Advertisements

Excellent! That's the area that my wife and I want to end up. We'd prefer an older house that has been updated or might need to be updated. That'll also help keep the house in our price range. Also, it looks like that area is about a mile from the town square, it'd be nice to be able to walk to the town square for events or restaurants or what have you. Thanks for the information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 09:02 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,686 times
Collierville has a lot of shops and restaurants, most aimed at the generic family. You won't find hipster, cutting edge, etc type things out there, but nothing wrong with that. I personally like old houses, and I really dislike new builds, so that is the type of area I'd be happy with if I lived out there too.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristenS View Post
Collierville has a lot of shops and restaurants, most aimed at the generic family. You won't find hipster, cutting edge, etc type things out there, but nothing wrong with that. I personally like old houses, and I really dislike new builds, so that is the type of area I'd be happy with if I lived out there too.
You know, my wife and I, don't mind traveling in to Memphis from time to time to get our 'hipster' fix. We're okay with Kroger and Applebee's and things like that. We live in a suburb in Phoenix that's like that. I think Collierville would be a good fit for us.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:59 PM

45 posts, read 47,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStoAZ View Post
You know, my wife and I, don't mind traveling in to Memphis from time to time to get our 'hipster' fix. We're okay with Kroger and Applebee's and things like that. We live in a suburb in Phoenix that's like that. I think Collierville would be a good fit for us.
You'll love it, I'm from Philly but I went to college in Memphis and worked there. I live in AZ now lol a suburb of Phoenix also and have so many people back in Memphis that I still talk with. A good friend of mine and former boss who is from MD lives in Collierville with the hubby the kids are in college now. Love, love, love the area she has a newer build being from the MD, VA, DC area a new home at the price they paid was a steal of what they could afford in MD which is why they didn't own a home. God Bless on this new adventure.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:23 PM

Okay people, I need you guys again! So, it's almost moving time (for what it's worth, we have a couple of opportunities come up in Phoenix and DC, so we haven't fully decided to head back to the mid-south) and we've found a few houses we like. My wife likes most houses in Bartlett (mostly in a newer development in Northeast Bartlett) and I found a house within walking distance to White Station Middle and Richland Elementary. How is this area? Is it as good as I think it is?

Old 03-23-2015, 07:43 AM

White Station is a great area. Richland and WS Middle are probably the best schools in the public system here. I personally would much rather live in that area than in Bartlett, but it would depend on what you're looking for. You can probably get a bigger house for the money in Bartlett. Bartlett schools are fine, and likely will get better now that they are their own system. Not sure if they can compete with the optional programs in the White Station area though.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:00 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStoAZ View Post
Okay people, I need you guys again! So, it's almost moving time (for what it's worth, we have a couple of opportunities come up in Phoenix and DC, so we haven't fully decided to head back to the mid-south) and we've found a few houses we like. My wife likes most houses in Bartlett (mostly in a newer development in Northeast Bartlett) and I found a house within walking distance to White Station Middle and Richland Elementary. How is this area? Is it as good as I think it is?
Keep in mind that if you are really close to the schools traffic can be a royal pain and any kind of school function means cars parked along all the streets in the area. Streets to the south/east typically have a bit nicer housing than the areas to the north/west.
Richland is great, WSMS is great IF you get into the optional program (priority given to those living in school boundaries) but the regular, non optional program is not on the same level. If you aren't aiming for the optional program there is no compelling reason to choose that neighborhood over the suburban schools unless you just really want to live in the city itself.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:47 AM

So, I know 38120 is pretty good. What about 38117 and 38111?

Old 03-23-2015, 01:17 PM

38117 and 38111 are huge zip codes that have some multi million dollar homes, as well as some crack houses. You have to narrow your area-in-question down considerably for those zip codes.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristenS View Post
38117 and 38111 are huge zip codes that have some multi million dollar homes, as well as some crack houses. You have to narrow your area-in-question down considerably for those zip codes.

So, the areas that are zoned to White Station Elementary or Richland Elementary and White Station Middle. One house is north and a touch west of the University campus. The other is on Princeton Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis