Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM

23 posts, read 91,255 times

Advertisements

Any names of good realtors around the surrounding areas of Memphis? I emailed one person, and I have yet to hear from them. Also any thoughts on buying a for sale by owner vs. using a realtor. I was strongly considering going that route instead of the conventional realtor. Do you think I could find a better "deal" on a home this way vs. the other? Thanks everyone and I look forward to reading any and all comments.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:09 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,998,925 times
Seems to me that most FSBOs don't actually price their homes lower, they just want to avoid paying realtor fees so they can take the maximum amount of cash out of the deal. Also, having a buyer's agent is a good idea. A good agent can spot things about the house you probably wouldn't, advise you on how to make the best offer, be sure the contract is in your best interest, etc.

I know a very good agent, but I probably shouldn't post a link here. DM me and I'll give you her contact info. She's sold foreclosures for me, and also handled sales for friends and family.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 AM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
Mod Note: Moving this to the Memphis forum. Please DM realtor info to the OP. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,371,912 times
I agree, I don't think you'd find anything easier or cheaper without an agent. Even though many seem to be worthless (and I am with you - I have emailed dozens of realtors about houses over the years and NEVER heard back from a single one), they do know the ins and outs and you'd hate to miss something because you don't have the experience that they do. In my experience, realtors don't respond to email. You have to call and physically speak to them on the phone, and even then, until you hire them they don't have much interest in you. Considering their entire income is made off comission, I do understand to an extent.

Anyway - this is something I have considered too, doing FSBO and not using an agent to buy. However, I think the pros outweigh the cons slightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: