U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 10:24 AM

38 posts, read 22,848 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and I want to visit Memphis and see what's there, but the main reason I want to visit is because of Graceland, but how much money would it cost to stay there for about a week? The ticket is probably between 200-300 dollars, not that much, especially compared to traveling to Asia or Europe or faraway states like California, but how much would it cost to stay for a week-food, hotel, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 06:26 PM

155 posts, read 61,786 times
I think you know this... but that will depend on where you stay and what you choose to eat. I suggest you start searching for hotels and restaurants and go from there. If you have a budget in mind, perhaps people will be able to offer a few suggestions.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:38 PM

30 posts, read 22,583 times
I don't know when you're planning on coming, but a new hotel is opening on the Graceland property sometime in 2016. That one will probably be expensive though.

If I were you, I'd stay downtown. It's a safe, nice area where many things are within walking distance. There are also tons of shuttles from the downtown hotels to Graceland. Hotels there range from lower end such as Comfort Inn and Best Western, to higher end, like the Sheraton and Westin.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:42 PM

810 posts, read 514,448 times
Unless you are deadset on staying in a specific hotel, I would use Priceline's bidding feature to save money on your hotel. You could easily save 40 or 50 dollars per night just doing that, as a hotel that normally books for 90 to 120 per night can be had for almost half that (before taxes) by bidding on Priceline.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 AM

662 posts, read 1,215,008 times
Graceland itself is not in a good area. Lot of very cheap hotels around, which may make it seem like things are inexpensive, but there's a reason for that - safety. I would expect to pay at least $100 total per night in Memphis to stay somewhere acceptable, however those locations would not be near Graceland. Downtown can be much more expensive.

Food on the other hand is really, really cheap here - our specialities (BBQ, burgers, chicken, southern food, etc) is very cheap to begin with, let alone here

There are free or inexpensive shuttle buses that can take you between the major attractions if you don't have a car.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:52 PM

38 posts, read 22,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbirchett View Post
I don't know when you're planning on coming, but a new hotel is opening on the Graceland property sometime in 2016. That one will probably be expensive though.

If I were you, I'd stay downtown. It's a safe, nice area where many things are within walking distance. There are also tons of shuttles from the downtown hotels to Graceland. Hotels there range from lower end such as Comfort Inn and Best Western, to higher end, like the Sheraton and Westin.
Do you know of any other Elvis related tourist attractions in Memphis, or even non Elvis related places that are exciting to visit?

Old 08-24-2015, 01:41 PM

662 posts, read 1,215,008 times
Rock and Roll Museum downtown. Sun Studios near downtown. Stax Museum in south Memphis.

Also one of his former homes, in an apartment complex now in "uptown Memphis" can be toured or you can even rent it like a hotel. For the die hard Elvis fan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis