Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 01:40 PM

16 posts, read 36,920 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a very open question, please no negative. I'm just being honest in my question. Is Tennessee mentality all about hunting? See, I'm Vegan, love and respect all living but I adore my friends that used to live in Memphis but now Millington. My family and I live in Miami Beach and raised here in South Florida. My family are all Brooklyn and Long Islanders so I only really know the East Coast in regards to living situations.

I would love to move near my friends for a change but I'm so not wanting to be around or my kids around hunting and things of that nature. Look I get it, (well not really) but I know that's what people do. Is this the right move? Are there Vegan communities? The people I've met and been around are so sweet; unlike here so that alone would make you want to go but just not sure if it will be a shocker to us? Need outsider opinions. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 09:17 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,348,033 times
A lot of people in TN do love hunting. If you dont though then you dont have to go. You dont really have to even have friends that like it. I dont like hunting and none of my close friends nor family hunt.

I used to be a vegan too and one of my best friends in Knoxville is a vegan. Memphis has several vegan, and vegan friendly, restaurants that you'll love! I think there's a vegan meetup group too!

Old 08-08-2016, 07:56 AM

737 posts, read 1,909,812 times
Millington is definitely more rural, and thus more "hunter friendly" than Memphis is. I'm not sure if most people in Millington would know what a vegan is. (joking, but not really) Memphis is a very urban city though, it's the opposite spectrum.

If you are such good friends with these people in Millington that you are considering randomly moving to TN just to be around them - why don't you ask them for their opinion? You'd be in their circles, in their lifestyle, so it seems that would be more important than what strangers on here say.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 PM

5 posts, read 6,266 times
I'm afraid that you would be in the minority as a vegan in Millington. Not to say that people would give you crap about it but you won't find your vegan tribe there. The most vegan community I know is in Midtown (Cooper Young) but I wouldn't recommend you live there with your kids due to schooling options.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 PM

MrsOnTheMove ,I appreciate all the feedback and we actually decided its not the right place for us. I have asked my friends but wanted an outsider bias opinon. Thank you

Old 08-18-2016, 06:01 PM

Thank you for the info. I have spoke to my friends but sometimes it nice to hear what people say other then close ones. I appreciate the feedback

Old 08-18-2016, 06:02 PM

Thank you for the input. We have decided not to move there but I appreciate the information. I do love the people there; so friendly. thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis