Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:11 PM

19 posts, read 53,452 times

Advertisements

Thanks Pushkins wife. We are enjoying our stay and impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone is being to us. Just been to see the apartment and I would agree with you that probably Preserve at Forest Creek is nicer. Most of the apartments I viewed today were associated with the Sycamore elementary school. Has anyone got any feedback on this school?

Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM

340 posts, read 1,314,736 times
I have friends who's children go to Sycamore Elementary. They love it. It is a very diverse school, with White, Black, Asian, and Hispanic children in various percentages, with no one group having more than about 1/3 of the school population. The staff is supposedly top notch, and they have a Spanish language program (I believe the only one in a Shelby County elementary school).

Old 05-14-2008, 06:46 PM

232 posts, read 988,717 times
Sycamore is a great school! My kids go there. The staff is first rate and Dr Butler (principal) is outstanding. It is also a new facility, so that is a plus!

My kids speak more Spanish than me! Unreal.....

Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 AM

19 posts, read 53,452 times
Thanks for all the info. One last question .. for the time being. We seem to have settled down for Germantown as it ticked most of our boxes re schools, safety etc. Has anyone heard anything about the Vineyard apartments? We quite liked them because they were slightly larger than some of the other apartments we viewed - but then everything looks nice in a viewing. Also, these apartments are associated with Riverdale school. Again, we visited the school and it looked great. Is it really as good as the principal said it was?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:37 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,629 times
I am not sure about the school but the apartments can be reserached on the apartment ratings website

Old 06-26-2009, 10:40 AM

845 posts, read 2,542,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhetto View Post
Stay away from the "SouthWind" side of Germantown. Any neighborhood close to winchester road is bound to fail or riddled with the bad. I mean there are some big houses there but the quality if tenants have diminished. Sorry to say it but its the truth. In a couple of years southwind will be the ghetto like my name.

Is there a reason you are looking into Germantown? There are some nice areas around there but stay away from southwind area. I grew up there and my parents still live in the area, i have noticed the decline and the so-called "w_flight)
I disagree,

The southern edge of Germatown (in the city of Germantown) is fine. It may not be as nice as some of the other areas of Germantown, but it is very safe and stable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis