Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 07:38 AM

6 posts, read 16,791 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am new in city, just moved in. I am from Europe, and just wondering is there anyone who is from Europe as well.

I am from Belgrade, Serbia...

Thanks

M.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,874 times
Default live in France most of the year

I am an American, but spend most of my time in France, as I like it better than the US. Would love to meet Europeans here in Memphis to make the time pass with some good conversation!
Call me an adoptive European...............
Lori

Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricar1 View Post
I am an American, but spend most of my time in France, as I like it better than the US. Would love to meet Europeans here in Memphis to make the time pass with some good conversation!
Call me an adoptive European...............
Lori
There's an Alliance Française in Memphis. You can get the contact info from the Alliance Française national web site: The Federation of Alliances Françaises USA

You guys might also call the foreign languages department at the U of Memphis and see if they have language tables. We do that here at U.T., and I'm sure they do at the U of M, too. Each language meets weekly at a local cafe where only that language is spoken. And the tables are generally open to everyone, not just those affiliated with the university. Here at U.T. we have some Russian engineers from Oak Ridge who regularly join our Russian Table, for example.

Bonne chance!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 AM

6 posts, read 16,791 times
Yeah, for sure I would like to meet with some european in Memphis area. Right now, I dont have time because I am looking for appt, and just settling in, but in near future, why not?
My e mail adress is
Majstorovic80@hotmail.com
So feel free to contact me anytime...

M.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:02 PM

39 posts, read 140,806 times
I have seen a lot of Russians in Memphis. They all said they moved here from New York.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 AM

32 posts, read 232,507 times
is there any russians in Memphis?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,999,373 times
You'll probably find people from all over the world in Memphis, but not in the concentrations you might find in the major cities. You don't have the old ethnic neighborhoods here that you find there. Here, they just sort of blend into the rest of the population.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,635 times
Something else to consider...

You might give the local Orthodox churches a call. I know that Annunciation (Greek Orthodox) on Highland has a number of families with ties to Eastern Europe. Most likely, St. George (Greek Orthodox) in Bartlett does as well.

Best wishes.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,781 times
Hi - I'm Bulgarian and I've been in Memphis for 3 years. My e-mail is j_hixxx AT yahoo.com, if you want to talk with someone who's also a foreigner here Pozdravi,

Old 10-13-2011, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,927 times
Hi I am English and have lived in Memphis for around 3 years. I found a great way to meet fellow europeans was to join the local soccer league. I play on a team with a Norwegian, fellow Englishman, Italian and there was a french and russian on the team until recently. If you are interested in more information contact me at [email]stevenmoore@hotmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: