Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 AM

754 posts, read 2,814,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
I've previously stated that I am returning to Memphis in the near future. I lived there before, for 3 years, and am sorry I left when I did. I'm from Orlando but now living in the Jax area. I was in Orlando before Mickey Mouse and remember it when it was a Southern city. Now it's just another borough of New York. I left due to the overcrowding, the traffic, the rising cost of living, and I just wasn't ready to learn another 4 languages just to be able to communicate in any area---and I already speak 4 languages! Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2006 and 2007. All this means is that people live where they choose to due to their own personal situations, read: work, likes, dislikes, income, climate, attractions, you name it. For me, Florida is becoming way too crowded. 1000 people per week move here. By 2020 there will be 11 million more people here. That impacts everything from the grocery store to health care. I'm too old for all that. Besides, the homes that I've picked out to look at/buy are all in Midtown and are 100-150 thousand cheaper than anywhere in Jax plus the taxes are phenomenally cheaper. You don't like Memphis? Leave. You want/like Florida, Go. That's what makes this country so damn great---freedom of choice.
I live in the Jax area, too! Drop me a line sometime if you want to talk about Memphis or whatever. I've got a couple of Memphis transplant friends who live around here, and it's nice to have local reminders of home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM

8 posts, read 21,265 times
Smile Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by canynracer View Post
ahhhh...the voice of reason...thanks, I didnt have the energy to type all of that...

I live in the StoneBridge subdivision off Davies Plantation...although we have only been here 4 yrs from CA...we absolutley LOVE Lakeland and will probably never leave.
We're glad to have you, as I'm sure your neighbors are as well.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,712 times
If any of you have houses for rent in Lakeland and want to get it out there for others to view please share!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 AM

51 posts, read 127,504 times
Living In atlanta the wife and i are from the Galloway area off hwy 70. its beautiful and safe for the most, great police dept
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis