U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 PM

11 posts, read 18,905 times

Advertisements

To those knowledgeable about Oakland. My wife are looking at a home out there in Belle Meade Subdivision which is down Mebane off of 194 to the right. I didn't know if anyone here lived out there and could recommend some good neighborhoods and maybe some not so good. We are currently living in collierville, but I work in somerville and my wife in bartlett and have been very happy with the area, just looking to get some more perspective about the subdivisions out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 AM

17 posts, read 42,958 times
Hello, I have grown up out there...I am hearing good things about Oakland, everyone I know loves it, I still remember all of Oakland being cow pastures so it seems strange to me...I do here there are growing pains and some are not happy with the water because of the copper pipes were used and are starting to erode..(just what I heard)?? All in all everyone seems to love it and Fayette county taxes are great...

Old 04-24-2009, 07:34 AM

89 posts, read 155,143 times
The only bad things I hear from people who live in Oakland are complaints about commutes into town for work. Since you and your wife work out east, that won't be a problem for you. Good luck.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 19,159 times
I live in Lakeland but also work out in Oakland. You can email me direct, and I should be able to help you find what your looking for.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 AM

17 posts, read 38,806 times
i lived in oakland from 94-00 and it has grown so much since then, trust me, i use to hate it, but with the growing developments i have suprisely enjoyed it.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:09 AM

8,257 posts, read 11,318,602 times
Oakland------Can you say speeding tickets????????????????

Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 PM

94 posts, read 254,675 times
I live in Oakland, and we moved here from Illinois. I like Oakland, and we're glad we chose it. TN in general is a different story, but if we had to do it all over again, and know the areas a little better, we still would have chosen Oakland. My husband works in Arlington and I'm in Memphis On Walnut Grove, so I have a hike, but it's ok. I'm getting used to it. If you have kids in HS, you will want to steer completely clear of the public HS. That I know for sure. I love our property taxes, they're 75% less (seriously) than what we had in IL.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 AM

1 posts, read 969 times
Looking for a nice home to rent in Oakland in 2-3 months. Any prospects or leads would be greatly appreciated. Please email me or respond to this message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis