Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,887 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard complaints about the principal there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 02:31 PM

738 posts, read 2,575,765 times
QUOTE=Ottervarium"That area isn't bad... IF you only drive through it during non-peak hours, which I have to do every day for work."

Wouldn't that be difficult to do if you were driving kids to school?

Old 10-19-2007, 02:36 PM

774 posts, read 2,582,538 times
That it would.

The traffic there is not impossible to bear if you leave early enough. I have found that if I'm on the Wolf River Bridge by 7:20, that it doesn't affect my drive that much. (My child doesn't go to CBHS, but goes to a school in East Memphis.) I come off Farm road on to Walnut Grove Road. I leave the Farm Road area by 7:15 and am at Park and Estate by 7:35 - sometimes earlier. The biggest hitch is the people turning left on to Humphreys Boulevard off of Walnut Grove. The interstate interchange at Baptist doesn't actually stall traffic much.

As I come back out East around 8 a.m., however, the traffic is backed up very far on Walnut Grove. The trick is to get through the area early.

Edited to add that I'm at Park and Estate much earlier when I don't have to wait for the train to cross Estate.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,785 times
Exclamation Cbhs

Four gnerations of my family including my five sons are CBHS graduates. This is a fine school. We are proud of them all. My grandson who is a graduate is graduating from the the United states Air Force Academy next week.
The Brothers were primarily responsible for his obtaining this appointment!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 PM

4 posts, read 12,110 times
I would also consider St. Benedict High School in Cordova. My brothers went to CBHS, but I opted for St. Benedict for my own son. He received an excellent foundation and secured many college scholarships and has had a great first year in college. If you check the records of the local paper you will find that St. Benedict had more National Merit Scholars than CBHS. I am appalled at the gossipy petty nature of many of these posts. Although I did not choose to send my son to CBHS, I am offended by the posts that suggest that CBHS is a haven for rejects from the neighboring public schools. The private schools are fortunate that they are able to randomly drug test the student body in an attempt to stem illicit drug use that plagues our society. It is naive to think that CBHS harbors a drugged out student body. At least, these schools are able to assert authority and actually have the right to test for drugs. The public schools are expected to deliver miracles with an ever shrinking role of authority.

Last edited by pillow; 05-28-2008 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: read the other posts and was taken aback by the petty comments

Old 06-30-2008, 08:25 AM

77 posts, read 246,823 times
Default CBHS tuition

Can anyone tell me how much the tuition for CBHS is?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:09 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,479 times
$8,100 tuition plus $800 book fee per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis