Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:24 PM

530 posts, read 649,855 times

Advertisements

I live in north jackson. BTW it's #9 per capita in the us for violent crime. People here are very rude especilly in the service industries. Look at milan or medina they are north of jackson 15 to 20 min. or the bells, alamo area. best of luck to you. I'm here busting my butt to finish school so I can get the hell out of this place. Also if you are looking for a church my ONLY recommendation is Love and Truth, they are wonderful people there...wish I could say that about more people here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,487 times
Default safe apartments

Is Cherrygrove or creekside apartments safe in Jackson tennessee?

If not will you name some safe apartment complexes in jackson.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg new View Post
Is Cherrygrove or creekside apartments safe in Jackson tennessee?

If not will you name some safe apartment complexes in jackson.
i have friends who live/lived in both these residential communities. they are exceptionally fine. my preference, simply because it, imo, is better constructed, is creekside apts. roger murray is the owner of the creekside development. he is an extremely wealthy and well-respected business man, who lives in jackson and also in destin, florida. mr. murray owns several businesses in jackson, including murray guard, inc., a private security guard company. creekside caters to young professionals, most of whom work in the nearby office parks, lebonheur-methodist medical center, jackson-madison county general medical center, and several of the law firms in the area. one of my friends who lives there is a teacher/librarian. she loves the complex, and she has never had issues concerning fear/safety. the interiors are adequate. 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms are found in creekside. most apts have 2 bathrooms.

i have friends who live in cherry grove, including a present tenant who moved from cherry grove in february of 2009. all of these individuals informed me that they love the cherry grove development. this development houses young professionals, college students, and some early retiree singles. rent is a bit high, but convenience to union university, stonebridge retail development, and local medical facilities is highly valued. the property is well maintained. this area of jackson has suffered direct hits from 3 out of the last 5 large tornados which have hit jackson in the last few years. naturally, these storms have forced the complex to undergo several major construction projects. in addition to the above, i would recommend the post house housing complex on highland avenue, and the post house north complex located on old humboldt road. these apts are well run, upscale, and pricey. they have experienced little to no crime. i would not hesitate recommending either.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 AM

128 posts, read 638,675 times
My husband and I moved to Jackson from New Hampshire three years ago not knowing quite what to expect. We love it. We live just outside the city limits of Jackson in a development north of Interstate 40. We're 10 minutes from Jackson shopping, 15 minutes from downtown, and 5 minutes from rural west Tennessee cotton fields. It gets country here quick.

If you're looking for interesting topography, mountains and lakes, this is not the place. If you want to be welcomed, it is. And if you like barbecue and pro baseball....

Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 AM

157 posts, read 440,218 times
Default Moving to Jackson

You can live outside of Jackson city limits and have a Humboldt, Tn address. Humboldt and all other communities have some areas that are more desirable than others. Humboldt is my home town. We have several things going for Humboldt that some other small towns do not have. The West TN Regional Art Center is located here. Strawberry Festival Has been around as long as I can remember. This town, and other small communities are suffering because of the econimic situation. Good luck with your move.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:50 AM

8 posts, read 34,976 times
Default my opinion of where 2 live around jackson

I'd say the best place to live in the jackson area is actually the northern end of jackson, beats any town around it. I was born/grew up in Humboldt, north of jackson, and alot of ppl claim there is alot of crime there, well i'v never seen a bit of it.. nothin! of course i lived in the southeastern side of humboldt which is along its good areas. but anyways north jackson is actually booming rite now, "The Columns" is a pretty young shopping area that came STRAIGHT UP in like less than a year. its rly clean here and ive never seen any crime here either. im actually going 2 start attending Union Univ. in the fall. its along the best colleges in the state/Southeast U.S. region. i know ppl who live here and go 2 union and lambuth and theyve only said good things about where they live and how well those 2 colleges are. iv never feared any part of northern jackson ever since growing up n still dont, and dont believe i will later. Downtown and Midtown Jackson are both relatively safe although north end is much better. iv gone 2 the civic center downtown many times and nothin bads ever happened. about the only bad thing i can think of in north jackson is the movie theater. it used 2 be rly good/safe. recently the other theater on the worse side of town ran out of business (one guess why), so now all of those people have come to the hollywood cinema in N. Jackson. but there are usually patrols n officers around here now, n the theater hired new security guards, so it mite rise back up to better standards. along hollywood drive is probably the worst i can think about in jackson overall, its pretty bad there. East Jackson is progressively getting better as it is one of the worst parts of town. but along Hollywood only worse. Jackson has made huge improvements both crime-wise and economically over the past years, only hope it gets better... "knock on wood". other than security gettin better, theres a rumor that another reason for jacksons improvement is the migration of the black population away from jackson but into memphis and the white population away from memphis and into jackson/nashville/knoxville or MS or AR. This is long-term, this is happening slowly. im not racist at all, but its not hard 2 notice most responsibility for crime r blacks. (that is, west TN crime)

Old 08-16-2009, 02:46 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,044,670 times
Smile Best towns to live in Jackson, Tn area !

I think I would be happy living in the areas already mentioned here.
But I still find that the Bemis Community is also a peaceful area to live in.
Even though Bemis is about 9 miles south of the Interstate.
We do not have as many shopping centers but I can manage.
I do however like visiting North Jackson on occasions.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,890 times
hello, I'm about to move to Jackson, and bring my Sign business there, are there many Sign shops in the area? I'm also looking for a 2 br/1 ba. house to rent, that would accept 1 dog and 2 outside cats, anybody? Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee