U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,028,569 times

Advertisements

Trinity Lakes has also gone rapidly downhill, from what friends have said. I would look elsewhere.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 12:30 PM

70 posts, read 192,423 times
I cannot help but wonder something.

If someone lives in Memphis or the suburban cities outside of Memphis, then where is a decent area to rent an apartment?

I find it odd that there is almost no real place to live here.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 PM

113 posts, read 423,518 times
I sound like a very broken record, but I live in Walnut Hill and love it. Very safe and quiet.

I also used to live at The Reserve at Dexter Lake, and those were great apartments, too.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM

158 posts, read 290,255 times
Have you tried looking inside Memphis? Midtown has some nice older stuff, and Downtown seems to be new, up and coming area. I was out in Cordova the other day, and though, omg, I feel safer in my semi-rundown apartment in Midtown! Plus, I kinda felt like I was in that part of "A Wrinkle in Time" when they go to the planet with all the kids bouncing the balls at the same time and all the robot-like people going to work...scary stuff.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:09 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,410,569 times
If your dead set on living in Cordova,try this place:

Cedar Ridge Patio Homes
6977 Amberly Village Drive
Cordova, Tn 38018
(901) 382-3230

Heather21365 seems to really enjoy Walnut Hill, maybe give them a shot also

Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 PM

16 posts, read 44,897 times
Try colonial grand at shelby farms. Those are very good appartments but expensive also. Same thing goes for Appling lakes. However, country square, sycamore view, Woodchase are all a big mess. I have lived in woodchase and sycamore view and it is not worth.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,262 times
I moved into CountrySquire in 2004 and loved it (lived there for about 3 1/2 years) but moved about a year ago because of the same reasons...I really knew I had to go when the neighborhood kids were hanging out with security on the security cart...pretty sad. It's amazing how neighborhoods change over time. My aunt lives in Walnut Hill and she loves it, you may want to check that out as someone else suggested. Personally if I were you I would move further back towards Woodland Hills (Houston Levee area i think) or further out way pass the Wolfchase...In my honest opinion in about 5 years Cordova will become the new Hickory Hill (so much has changed in that area from when I first moved there)...especially along the Germantown Pkwy line...Good Luck in your search!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:05 AM

54 posts, read 106,972 times
I think there are parts of East Memphis bordering on Germantown that are fine to rent an apartment. The Kirby Station, Whispering Oaks, Hunters Trace area off Kirby Parkway and Poplar all seem to be very nice, safe apartments. I live in one of them and the woman below me has her door wide open for much of the time. Granted I have only lived in them two months but have not had a problem. Ironically there are some apartments that are actually over the line in Germantown that are not very good.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:35 AM

9 posts, read 18,777 times
I understand the frustration about apts. I am in desperate need of an apt. I have looked at all the ones from raleigh to bartlett and very disappointed. I have looked at sycamore view, river trace, bartlett heights...all have terrible crime, apt. break ins, and recently saw a post on all the ones in that area, people begging u to not move in to sycamore view or all the ones near bartlett, raleigh-lagrange rd. one woman stated she had her apt broke into and lost everything, tv, computer, jewelr... bad roach infestations, plumbing backed up and mgrs wont do anything. I havent looked at the ones in cordova , though they "seem" nicer I cant afford 7-800 a month!! plus deposit, app fees, I dont know how a single person makes it here, Is there any help?? Does anyone know what housing vouchers are, for low income, and how to get? Thanks

Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 AM

1,284 posts, read 2,104,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
I cannot help but wonder something.

If someone lives in Memphis or the suburban cities outside of Memphis, then where is a decent area to rent an apartment?

I find it odd that there is almost no real place to live here.

We lived in Memphis for one year and lived on Mud Island. It was fine. Our kids are grown up and we didn't have to worry about schools and wanted to avoid a commute. If I had to live in Memphis again, it's probably where I'd choose. There were some inconveniences but it was safe. There were only a few times we were notified of robberies or muggings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis