U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 09:59 AM

2 posts, read 26,514 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what the average cost, before insurance, is on a dental bridge (done in the Metro-Memphis area)?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 AM

738 posts, read 2,427,401 times
Probably easier and much more reliable to call a couple of dentist offices than to trust us jokers with providing you such information.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 AM

137 posts, read 470,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColliervilleMom View Post
Probably easier and much more reliable to call a couple of dentist offices than to trust us jokers with providing you such information.
Actually.....................

I recently broke a tooth that had fillings. Tooth broke and the dentist gave me three options.....

1. A Plate - $1200
2. Bridge - -$2200
3. Implant - $3500

I'll be going with the bridge because I'm too young (IMHO) to have a plate and an implant was far too expensive. I went with the bridge and my insurance paid for a good portion of it and my cost for it was roughly $1200 which I put on my health care spending card.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 AM

61,294 posts, read 82,033,081 times
3 tooth??? here 3000 bucks, in mexico 460. figure across the board 4.5 to 1. american dentists dont like me, they dont like me at all.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 AM

56 posts, read 209,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapsk8 View Post
Actually.....................

I recently broke a tooth that had fillings. Tooth broke and the dentist gave me three options.....

1. A Plate - $1200
2. Bridge - -$2200
3. Implant - $3500

I'll be going with the bridge because I'm too young (IMHO) to have a plate and an implant was far too expensive. I went with the bridge and my insurance paid for a good portion of it and my cost for it was roughly $1200 which I put on my health care spending card.
I think an implant long term would have been the best option. First, it does not affect the surrounding teeth which down the road could cause MORE problems. Second, in the long run you WILL have to get the bridge replaced more or less every 10-15 years and it won't cost the same at that time. Last, implants PREVENT bone loss. Have you ever seen those people that have no teeth and look 80 years old when they are really 40-50? It is because they lost all of the bone in their jaw. That is what happens when you lose your teeth, implants prevent that from happening. If you can swing the extra money, implants are the BEST option out there by far. BTW, I am not a dentist. I am a salesperson that works with dentists

Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 26,514 times

Thank you so much for the information. I've scheduled an appointment with a local dentist to get a better idea as to what I might be looking at. I've got fairly good insurance, but I've been told that they'll only cover 50% of the cost on a bridge, crown, etc. I've been given several quotes, and each has been different. For the most part, I'm hearing somewhere around $1,000-$2,000 (before insurance). I honestly believe veneers would be the best solution, but I can't afford them. I'll inquire about the implant suggestion when I go in. This is the first I've heard of that.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 AM

115 posts, read 254,282 times
I live in the Fort Worth area, and for my broken tooth that was part of a Maryland bridge(metal bonded on to two anchoring teeth) it is 4,538 before insurance to make a bridge and two porcelain teeth. My insurance hasn't responded on how much they will pay yet....it was just a bit more than that for my son's braces!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: