Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM

38 posts, read 149,281 times

Advertisements

TNT has a new show about a Memphis cop coming up this summer called "Memphis Beat." Jason Lee plays the cop. Couldn't find a trailer online but saw a commercial for it during the NBA game tonight and thought I'd post.

TNT - We Know Drama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 AM

369 posts, read 1,232,758 times
I saw the preview as well. Looks pretty good. Thanks to the Tennessee Film Commission, most of it was filmed in New Orleans and Louisana from what I heard.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:56 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,324 times
Hope it works out well. This is a nice first step. Hopefully the state film commission and the Nashville legislature will wake up and implement the incentives necessary to make the state competitive. But often it appears that other segments of the state, and the state bureaucrats, will not make as much of an effort to assist in business development (such as tv and film where Memphis has traditionally led the state) that will benefit West Tennessee, even if it might open or widen doors for the rest of the state.

Good luck to the Memphis Film Commission in their efforts to try to establish an even playing field, even if that means going up against, instead of receiving assistance from, their own state.

It's not all bad; CSI Miami and Vegas don't film most of their stuff on site either.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 PM

54 posts, read 184,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
Hope it works out well. This is a nice first step. Hopefully the state film commission and the Nashville legislature will wake up and implement the incentives necessary to make the state competitive. But often it appears that other segments of the state, and the state bureaucrats, will not make as much of an effort to assist in business development (such as tv and film where Memphis has traditionally led the state) that will benefit West Tennessee, even if it might open or widen doors for the rest of the state.

Good luck to the Memphis Film Commission in their efforts to try to establish an even playing field, even if that means going up against, instead of receiving assistance from, their own state.

It's not all bad; CSI Miami and Vegas don't film most of their stuff on site either.
That is quite common practice to film in a different location than the site is supposed to be. A good example right now is Fringe which is supposed to be in Boston but is actually filmed in Vancouver.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluff2085 View Post
TNT has a new show about a Memphis cop coming up this summer called "Memphis Beat." Jason Lee plays the cop. Couldn't find a trailer online but saw a commercial for it during the NBA game tonight and thought I'd post.
I think it was filmed in New Orleans. At least part of the show..

Yeah.. it looks like a good show. I would say it's kind of like Law&Order, isn't it?

I've watched the 3 last episodes on this site: Memphis Beat - Watch Memphis Beat Online for Free

Last edited by yope; 07-11-2010 at 05:54 AM..

Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 PM

97 posts, read 348,973 times
I've been watching it since the season premier. It quickly became one of my favorite shows. I've been to Memphis lots of times. It's my home away from home. And some parts looked like Memphis. But after reading it was filmed in New Orleans, They did do a good job of recreating a Memphis look. And I love Jason Lee too.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:18 PM

97 posts, read 348,973 times

YouTube - Memphis Beat Season 1 Promo #1 [Telestrekoza.com]

Here's the trailer in case ya'll are interested...

Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yope View Post
I think it was filmed in New Orleans. At least part of the show..

Yeah.. it looks like a good show. I would say it's kind of like Law&Order, isn't it?

I've watched the 3 last episodes on this site: Memphis Beat - Watch Memphis Beat Online for Free
Without the court stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: