Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 AM

200 posts, read 888,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
To Whomever gave me a rep and commented about the crazy dreams
1. Thank you
2. Yes indeedy, the dreams were funny, really funny, I'd wake up laughing sometimes...LOL

I'm very very happy I quit, and now, I guess it's been 8 or 9 months, am just starting to feel the good part of it...my lungs are clearing, and I can sing again...which I couldn't do for years...hoarse....

Its a wonderful thing....LOL

To anyone who trys to quit and fails...I'm going to tell you what my cousin told me....he always says he's younger and better lookin, but in fact, NOT...LOL...anyway....he said, you will try to quit and fail, and try and fail, many times...the failures don't matter, what matters is the attempts to try and quit, and each time, if you really want it bad enough, well, you'll eventually suceed.

I did...and the anger is going away, although, I still miss a cigerette, and probably always well....

Say hello to my new friend....LOL....clear lungs....

My best to anyone who gives it a try. Chantix worked for me.

Hugs
Creme
LOL that was me--and I didn't realize it didn't identify me...still fairly new to CD and figuring all these acoutrements out!

Just got news yesterday that my uncle (30 year smoker) has quit using Chantix, has been smoke-free for a month. My aunt is following soon behind him with Chantix as well.

My uncle's father (he's uncle by marriage) was a 60-year 2 packs a day smoker, and has quit using Chantix too.

This pill is a wonder drug!! I love that it's keeping my family around longer!!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Chantix Side Effects Lawsuit Lawyers Pfizer Stop Smoking Attorneys

I would say just don't take alcohol with it.
Yanno what, this really irritates me...people want meds...they want quick fixes...they want to be pain free....but if they take something, and they start having side effects, then, it must be what they're taking, not to mention, they sue. It's high time people start taking responsibility for what they take and weight the side effects.

There is no way anyone can prove a med they take caused the problems...in addition....

these people ruin it for others.....not to mention...they are probably looking for a get rich quick scheme.

This is why we are not further along in medicinal research....and why there are not more cures.

Another little diddy:
Each and every one of us, has a different body chemistry...therefore, an asprin could cause a side effect in one of us?

I'm sorry, I'm not directing my comments to you, it's just this kind of thing that ruins it for everyone else....

sad....

Hugs to ya
Creme

Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
LOL that was me--and I didn't realize it didn't identify me...still fairly new to CD and figuring all these acoutrements out!

Just got news yesterday that my uncle (30 year smoker) has quit using Chantix, has been smoke-free for a month. My aunt is following soon behind him with Chantix as well.

My uncle's father (he's uncle by marriage) was a 60-year 2 packs a day smoker, and has quit using Chantix too.

This pill is a wonder drug!! I love that it's keeping my family around longer!!
well, many thanks for the rep and also for all the positive news....

Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
This is why we are not further along in medicinal research....and why there are not more cures.

Creme this is also why healthcare costs are so high. Too many tests, too many visits, too much screening because the field is petrified of missing something that will later get them sued for sure. Doctors cannot be good diagnosticians any more without all the added baggage.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post

Creme this is also why healthcare costs are so high. Too many tests, too many visits, too much screening because the field is petrified of missing something that will later get them sued for sure. Doctors cannot be good diagnosticians any more without all the added baggage.

EXACTLY....no argument here....

creme...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:34 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Goodtype may I suggest going to a hypnotherapist?
Hypnotherapy works with your sub-conscious to deal with these types of things.

As a therapist, I would not recommend hypnotherapy as it is in no way proved to be helpful (sure, it may help some people, but is very outdated and not based in research at all). You should find a cognitive behavioral therapist. They can truly help you with this problem in a limited amount of sessions.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:36 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook is also helpful, but someone with panic attacks should always be treated by a professional (psychologist and/or psychiatrist). Also, as other posters mentioned, it is always critical to get a full medical check up to rull out underlying medical problems. I'm a therapist and always do this. One patient who looked as if they had panic attacks actually had a heart condition. We don't want to be treating physical diseases as if they were mental.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:49 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
In 2001, the BPS commissioned a working party of expert psychologists to publish a report entitled The Nature of Hypnosis.
They found strong evidence that hypnotherapy was beneficial for:

“management and relief of both acute and chronic pain….significantly reducing general anxiety,
tension and stress … assisting in insomnia … alleviating the symptoms of a range of complaints…. including tension headaches and migraine; asthma; gastro-intestinal complaints such as irritable bowel syndrome; warts; and possibly other skin complaints such as eczema, psoriasis and urticaria… inclusion in a weight reduction program where it may significantly enhance outcome.” (BPS, 2001)

Phew! So Hypnotherapy has strong recognition by the medical profession and has a solid and deep research base. Why is it not used more often by medical professionals?

Unfortunately the profession is still plagued by many therapists who practice hypnotherapy more like the 19th century Mesmerists - imagining all sorts of magical processes and notions.
In addition they blend hypnotherapy with other therapies that the medical institutions view more suspiciously such as NLP (poor evidence, outdated psychological model) and EFT (possibly effective but not because of energy meridians).

Modern clinical hypnotherapy stands on a strong scientific and modern psychological model is moving towards being an application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – and the latest research shows significant improvements in effectiveness when CBT and hypnotherapy are combined.

Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy – Myth or Medical Fact?

Old 11-16-2007, 03:53 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
I have had alot of test done over the years...the only thing the doctors could come up with, was a "regular irregular heartbeat". They said I could have been born with it. So they have never found anything, although, I havent had a good exam in a few years. But I have been dealing with panic/anxiety for 20 years. I dont feel any different as far as the anxiety ....just really worn down from dealing with it for so long. Sometimes it feels like you cant find the strength to go another day. I forced myself to go out and walk today. Walking is hard for me, it is a "trigger", as my heart beats faster...anything that makes my heart beat faster freaks me out (side effect and silly thought of the panic) But I did it.. I have been in a state for so long of being indoors, going out is scarey, but I am going to keep on doing it. I did it today, I can do it tomorrow

Old 11-16-2007, 05:39 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
GOOD FOR YOU !

That is a major step ! Keep up the good work.
Seeing different atmospheres may bring positive thoughts/emotions to you.
Take in the sights, enjoy the birds, bugs, flowers........... Stop and smell the flowers. (even if they are wild flowers ) Take in the beauty of mother nature.

I know, when I feel myself slipping back into what may be anxiety/depression, I get off my rump and take a walk in the yard. Let my eyes absorb all the wonderful and different colors, the different things moving around. Just sit and watch the day.

Hope you are feeling well !
Get outside as much as you can............ gradually.
Baby steps !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health