Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,822,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post

Know what I just can't stand to see or think of... coffins!!!
I know what you mean. I can't watch those "buried alive" movies.

I'm going to be cremated.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,120 times
Here's my update. The xanax was working so well, it was like a miracle - plus my living situation improved dramatically (we moved into our new home a couple of weeks ago and it's an amazing house so I'm much happier in that regard) - but now I'm feeling my anxiety and depression coming back with a vengence. Yesterday was really rough and already today I'm feeling like crap and it's only 7:50 AM here. I might try increasing my Xanax dose - I was only taking a half at a time - and see if that helps. I really hope it does.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:34 PM

31 posts, read 81,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Here's my update. The xanax was working so well, it was like a miracle - plus my living situation improved dramatically (we moved into our new home a couple of weeks ago and it's an amazing house so I'm much happier in that regard) - but now I'm feeling my anxiety and depression coming back with a vengence. Yesterday was really rough and already today I'm feeling like crap and it's only 7:50 AM here. I might try increasing my Xanax dose - I was only taking a half at a time - and see if that helps. I really hope it does.
I too take Xanax or 1/2 of one in the morning. I moved last July and after months of doing well on Xanax and Celexa I started with the anxiety and depression for a short time. For me it was the change in environment, mine too was a better living situation but sometimes a big life change like that can bring on the anxiety and depression. Try to work through it and keep taking the meds, it will get better. It just takes a little time.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 PM
tao

Thanks, clb76. Maybe it's all the pent up stress from having emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder last Christmas plus living with the pain from my herniated disc and having to take oxycodone every day for over a year now, selling my old house (after being on the market for two long horrible years, thanks to the market dying because our area got direct hits by 3 hurricanes in one year's time), moving from Florida to Colorado to a temporary rental apartment and then going through the process of buying and moving into the new house here in Colorado. Maybe it's all finally catching up with me. Everything should be better because so much stress is over yet I feel so depressed and empty.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,172,728 times
Quote:
Thanks, clb76. Maybe it's all the pent up stress from having emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder last Christmas plus living with the pain from my herniated disc and having to take oxycodone every day for over a year now, selling my old house (after being on the market for two long horrible years, thanks to the market dying because our area got direct hits by 3 hurricanes in one year's time), moving from Florida to Colorado to a temporary rental apartment and then going through the process of buying and moving into the new house here in Colorado. Maybe it's all finally catching up with me. Everything should be better because so much stress is over yet I feel so depressed and empty.
Tao - Just a guess here, but you were pretty much functioning in "over-drive" for a long time. Now that things are pretty much back to "normal" you're system (for lack of a better term) isn't quite sure how to handle it.

Since I've had panic disorder, I've learned that I can usually do pretty well and function pretty well under pressure - once the stress and pressure is gone, I feel a let-down - sometimes it's psychological, sometimes it's physical where all I want to do is sleep.

Give your body and emotions time to recuperate and balance out and focus on all the positives in your new environment. It will get better, I promise!

Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
tao

Thanks. This thread and all of you really help - it's become like a really great support group. I appreciate it more than I can say.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:30 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,953,788 times
Quote:
(((((((((((tao))))))))))) hugs for you. Wow, you have been through a lot!!! It is no wonder why your anxiety came back pretty hard. I am so sorry. I understand about the depression and empty feeling. With all you have been going through, it is only natural. I am sure things will start to calm down now for you now, as you said much of the stress is over now. You might feel empty because of that fact. It is kind of a letting down period you are in now. So maybe your emotions arent sure what to do, since there isnt so much chaos. The few places I have been in Colorado were gorgeous, so maybe living in such a beautiful place will help add to your finding some piece. I am a scenery person, and when I feel bad, I force myself to just look around at a mountain or something and breathe!! For me it helps. Keep with the Xanax, if it gives you relief at all, that is great. We all need a break from the constant feeling of anxiety. It is an awful feeling. I am so glad this thread has been helpful to you. It has helped me too and others. We are all here for each other. Lets have a great Monday!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 AM

31 posts, read 81,511 times
Today is a bad day for me...more frustration than anything. I woke up just after mid-night thinking I was going to be sick so I got out of bed and went to the sofa. Sweating, then shivering...of course it could be a stomach bug. My frustration is from the fact that it's Monday and I have to go to work and I don't feel well and should take the day to get better but I can't because of the time that I missed last year from my depression/anxiety, I've become almost like the girl who cried "wolf". People who don't have this don't understand and couldn't comprehend why I couldn't work let alone function so now when I'm really sick they don't believe me, they think "it's just her anxiety"...it's very frustrating for me. So, I guess I go to work sick. Bad day.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:59 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,172,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb76 View Post
Today is a bad day for me...more frustration than anything. I woke up just after mid-night thinking I was going to be sick so I got out of bed and went to the sofa. Sweating, then shivering...of course it could be a stomach bug. My frustration is from the fact that it's Monday and I have to go to work and I don't feel well and should take the day to get better but I can't because of the time that I missed last year from my depression/anxiety, I've become almost like the girl who cried "wolf". People who don't have this don't understand and couldn't comprehend why I couldn't work let alone function so now when I'm really sick they don't believe me, they think "it's just her anxiety"...it's very frustrating for me. So, I guess I go to work sick. Bad day.
One of the hardest things I had to learn to do was to differentiate between being sick or if it was anxiety causing the problem. Many times my anxiety and panic will trigger gastrointestinal problems, so it's a real catch-22 type of thing. If I'm feeling like it may be a stomach bug, but not sure, what I do is take my meds, do a relaxation exercise and see if I feel any better - if the symptoms haven't started to lessen, then I figure it's a bug that's going around.

I'm not sure what time you have to leave for work, but if you see this before you have to leave - take your Xanax (if no one has told you, if you put it under your tongue and let it dissolve, it works quicker), take some relaxing breaths and try to get your body to just relax. If you still feel sick - call in sick and let them think what they want to think. People with anxiety and panic disorder do get stomach bugs, too....and there is one going around the state

Old 01-14-2008, 06:37 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,232,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb76 View Post
I've become almost like the girl who cried "wolf". People who don't have this don't understand and couldn't comprehend why I couldn't work let alone function so now when I'm really sick they don't believe me, they think "it's just her anxiety"...it's very frustrating for me. So, I guess I go to work sick. Bad day.
I agree with DaretoDream here in that you shouldn't have to feel guilty for having time off if you're sick, but I can to some extent understand how you feel - I've had very little time off for anxiety but I do sometimes worry that nobody will believe I'm ill - completely unrelated to anxiety - so if I can be that irrational with no real basis for it then I can see how you could feel like that!

I hope you didn't end up going to work feeling poorly but if you did, hopefully people saw that you were genuinely unwell and sent you home again. If they didn't, next time throw up on someone's shoes. Preferably someone who doubts your genuine illness. Take care and hope you feel better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.