U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:22 PM

525 posts, read 596,997 times
Default Ironic -- About suicide

Today, I found out someone I know that her son had committed suicide on the exact same day I had attempted suicide the year before, making it my 1yr. anniversary the day he died. A little ironic that God saved mine and he's gone. I feel sad though I never met him, met his mom several times over the last few years.

I really, really try to be positive. Not tryin' to blame on anyone. I was raised with a critical, overbearing, controlling, negative, nagging mother telling to be careful so people don't take advantage of me especially guys. To top it off, I've been fairly deaf all my life so that complicate things too and so living way out in the sticks. My dad and me barely talked. While he may of been there around the house physically, he was rarely there for me emotionally. Then I decided to shut myself out of the world for a long time. Then when I tried to get out and meet people, I get treated as an attention-seeking freak who don't have a clue how to relate to people because I missed out on a lot and isolated myself for a long time. I barely talk to anyone IRL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,058,430 times
I think you need to go to therapy if you can afford it or find a sliding scale clinic that will charge you depending on how much you make. Reading from your other post, Katie, you don't make good choices. I think it also might be good for you to move away and start a new life since you are young. Your friends and the people at the bar you go to aren't real friends. Maybe you can go off to college and start a new life.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:38 PM

43,312 posts, read 51,838,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Today, I found out someone I know that her son had committed suicide on the exact same day I had attempted suicide the year before, making it my 1yr. anniversary the day he died. A little ironic that God saved mine and he's gone. I feel sad though I never met him, met his mom several times over the last few years.

I really, really try to be positive. Not tryin' to blame on anyone. I was raised with a critical, overbearing, controlling, negative, nagging mother telling to be careful so people don't take advantage of me especially guys. To top it off, I've been fairly deaf all my life so that complicate things too and so living way out in the sticks. My dad and me barely talked. While he may of been there around the house physically, he was rarely there for me emotionally. Then I decided to shut myself out of the world for a long time. Then when I tried to get out and meet people, I get treated as an attention-seeking freak who don't have a clue how to relate to people because I missed out on a lot and isolated myself for a long time. I barely talk to anyone IRL.

Since you have enough self-awareness to realize what went wrong in your childhood and what your problem is now with relating to people, you have what it takes to go out and do something about it

You need professional guidance - a mentor, a therapist, somebody who can help you overcome your issues.

This is YOUR life. No one else gets to live it and no one else is going to save it. That's on you honey. Now get moving

Old 04-13-2011, 01:38 PM

19,023 posts, read 12,784,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I think you need to go to therapy if you can afford it or find a sliding scale clinic that will charge you depending on how much you make. Reading from your other post, Katie, you don't make good choices. I think it also might be good for you to move away and start a new life since you are young. Your friends and the people at the bar you go to aren't real friends. Maybe you can go off to college and start a new life.
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

LMAO

Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Katie, I didn't know you had attempted suicide.

There's nothing in life that should push someone to that end.

I've been thru some terrifying crap myself, but I never attempted suicide. Never even thought about it. What in the world could even push you to suicide? Depression? Come on

Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Katie, I didn't know you had attempted suicide.

There's nothing in life that should push someone to that end.

I've been thru some terrifying crap myself, but I never attempted suicide. Never even thought about it. What in the world could even push you to suicide? Depression? Come on

The fact that Im treated like an outcast, never had a real date in my life. Im freakin' tired all the time due to work and a health condition that has to do with my heart. Yeah, I go to the doc for that. I can't afford therapy. all the ones are that are for low-income people are in a bad part of town and I won't go there. I not depressed. Just fed up with the way Im treated in society because of the way I am.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
The fact that Im treated like an outcast, never had a real date in my life. Im freakin' tired all the time due to work and a health condition that has to do with my heart. Yeah, I go to the doc for that. I can't afford therapy. all the ones are that are for low-income people are in a bad part of town and I won't go there
Are you in the country? Why don't you pack up and move to a new place?? Muster money and move.

When a town is full of losers, you have to pull out to win

Old 04-13-2011, 01:51 PM

43,312 posts, read 51,838,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Since you have enough self-awareness to realize what went wrong in your childhood and what your problem is now with relating to people, you have what it takes to go out and do something about it

You need professional guidance - a mentor, a therapist, somebody who can help you overcome your issues.

This is YOUR life. No one else gets to live it and no one else is going to save it. That's on you honey. Now get moving

Katie, please reread the above

Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Are you in the country? Why don't you pack up and move to a new place?? Muster money and move.

US, yeah. uh, Im in deep debt right now too so not gonna happen. The only guy that ever told me that he loved me and I truly loved back was an ex-friend who was a drug addict and money moocher. It was very difficult to dump him and NOT contact him in any way.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,073,807 times
Quote:

yeah it's like not havin a condom. gotta pull out!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health