U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 AM

375 posts, read 274,752 times
Unhappy ever had something that you want to say or talk about but you just can't

or you just don't know how or you're just too afraid or don't feel comfortable saying what you have to say so you would rather keep it to yourself and only yourself?

honestly, i think i should talk about it but at the same time, i don't think i'm ready to and to who. i have a hard time thinking that this is something that someone would not take lightly or understand. i myself am having trouble understanding it myself. i know this is something i wouldn't have shared with my therapist some years back because i don't know how what they would have done. what should i do? should i just keep my mouth tight or should i just tell someone who could probably help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 12:35 AM

14 posts, read 9,613 times
Talk about it , this is the perfect forum for what ever it is.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiKoo View Post
Talk about it , this is the perfect forum for what ever it is.
uhhhhhhhhhh.... don't know about that. this is a public forum. godforbid if someone happens to knows me personally, happens to go on this computer and reads what i put or knows which other sites i frequent recognizes me and they see what i'm going to say reads this. not trolling but @ the same time.....

Last edited by the nation is still angry; 09-13-2011 at 12:52 AM..

Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 AM

7,442 posts, read 7,764,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
uhhhhhhhhhh.... don't know about that. this is a public forum. godforbid if someone happens to knows me personally, happens to go on this computer and reads what i put or knows which other sites i frequent recognizes me and they see what i'm going to say reads this. not trolling but @ the same time.....
Well, you might need to worry about that if you've committed a crime of some sort and were going to talk about that. In that case, I think the only person you'd be safe confessing to would be a priest. However, if you are committing an ongoing crime such as some sort of child abuse, I think even a priest or mental health care worker would have an obligation to report that.

If you're not worried about the criminal aspect of a situation, you could just change up a few details and talk about it on here.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well, you might need to worry about that if you've committed a crime of some sort and were going to talk about that. In that case, I think the only person you'd be safe confessing to would be a priest. However, if you are committing an ongoing crime such as some sort of child abuse, I think even a priest or mental health care worker would have an obligation to report that.

If you're not worried about the criminal aspect of a situation, you could just change up a few details and talk about it on here.

no... *sigh* without dropping any clues, it doesn't involve any criminal activity where i'm or i had victimized somebody or somebody victimized me or anybody i know doing that or where i seen something. it's something else that's really personal that i'm reluctant to talk about. my issue is actually a pretty common issue but my situation is complicated where i actually do have a lot to lose.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 AM

861 posts, read 217,603 times
Quote:
or you just don't know how or you're just too afraid or don't feel comfortable saying what you have to say so you would rather keep it to yourself and only yourself?

honestly, i think i should talk about it but at the same time, i don't think i'm ready to and to who. i have a hard time thinking that this is something that someone would not take lightly or understand. i myself am having trouble understanding it myself. i know this is something i wouldn't have shared with my therapist some years back because i don't know how what they would have done. what should i do? should i just keep my mouth tight or should i just tell someone who could probably help me?
Yep, I feel like that sometimes

Old 09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
B4U

3,563 posts, read 4,003,419 times
Do you want someone to listen, period? Or do you want someone to listen and give their spin?
If you want someone to just listen, write yourself a letter and send it to yourself.
Years ago, when I was very hurt and angry at a loved one, some other loved one suggested this, because I truly needed to vent my feelings, but didn't want to risk a possible re-union with the person who angered/hurt me.
I addressed the letter to the one who had hurt me and sent it to myself and didn't open it.
It helped get the bottled up feeling off my chest without it making me feel more vulnerable.
I hung on to it for a long while, then opened it. Boy, I was glad I did this letter. I found it healing in retrospect, without it doing damage to me or the party who caused my distress.

Good luck.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 PM

7,442 posts, read 7,764,835 times
Quote:
no... *sigh* without dropping any clues, it doesn't involve any criminal activity where i'm or i had victimized somebody or somebody victimized me or anybody i know doing that or where i seen something. it's something else that's really personal that i'm reluctant to talk about. my issue is actually a pretty common issue but my situation is complicated where i actually do have a lot to lose.
I'm not sure what to tell you, other than I'm glad no crime is involved. If you have so much riding on whatever it is and think you could be identified by posting here, you probably shouldn't do it. OTOH, if you feel compelled to tell someone about it, you could alter/omit any info in your profile and change the details and probably never be identified.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Do you want someone to listen, period? Or do you want someone to listen and give their spin?
If you want someone to just listen, write yourself a letter and send it to yourself.
Years ago, when I was very hurt and angry at a loved one, some other loved one suggested this, because I truly needed to vent my feelings, but didn't want to risk a possible re-union with the person who angered/hurt me.
I addressed the letter to the one who had hurt me and sent it to myself and didn't open it.
It helped get the bottled up feeling off my chest without it making me feel more vulnerable.
I hung on to it for a long while, then opened it. Boy, I was glad I did this letter. I found it healing in retrospect, without it doing damage to me or the party who caused my distress.

Good luck.
speaking of that. right after i graduated high school when i was 17 turning 18, over the summertime, i wrote about the issue that i'm comteplating on whether i should say or not that was bothering me in my journal. in a sense, i felt relieved that i was able to say what i wanted to say but i also felt deathly terrified. it was like.. "what if my mom happens to be nosey and reads what i wrote?" instead of getting in depth with what i wrote, i just brushed it off as a joke, completely disregarded what i wrote and went about my life despite me being serious about what i wrote. i just decided that i would just continue to go about my life and ignore whatever despite it being something that always kept coming up.

to me, i think it's something that is going to keep on surfacing itself in some shape or form and the scary thing is there have been people that i have ran into at some point of my life that happen to bring the matter up by unknowingly or knowingly for whatever reason (i don't know) and i try to dodge it because i'm not ready to deal with the matter nor do i feel comfortable about dealing with it. i haven't been able to approach the issue on a personal level, let alone have somebody address it to me putting me in an awkward position. how can i say this? i can of feel that some people are kind of trying to figure me out a bit too hard and i feel that they're invading uncharted terrority that i want to get into but am scared to get into because it's something serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not sure what to tell you, other than I'm glad no crime is involved. If you have so much riding on whatever it is and think you could be identified by posting here, you probably shouldn't do it. OTOH, if you feel compelled to tell someone about it, you could alter/omit any info in your profile and change the details and probably never be identified.
yeah, maybe i should do that. it's something that is a very sensitive issue and i feel VERY vunerable talking about it. kind of like this is something that could be used against me and could ruin my life. people actually lose a lot of things over this and i don't think that it's worth it. my life is going fine right now despite me feeling a bit sad, miserable, experiencing anxiety here and there. i'm good. the bright side is that i PROBABLY would sleep better at night if i came clean about it but the dark side is what if it doesn't come out to be good for me at all and ends up putting me in an even worse situation?

one thing i will say is there was something that i happened to do when i was little plus on top of some other things that were going on, there were some people that happened to put two and two together and started to question me on what i was doing. i brushed it off telling them that it wasn't what it was and then one day when i was maybe 11 or 12, i happened to realize what i was doing. at that point, i stopped and started to question myself. at that point, i realized that i was going through something that was pretty much serious stuff and i thought that leaving it alone would make my life better. i started finding ways to avoid it completely even though i was conflicted with it. i was confused with myself at that point. some years later, i was just wondering. i started to wonder why i wasn't doing certain things which i thought was weird, why i felt a certain way, why i didn't feel a certain way, why i was doing this or that and pretty much x, y, z. unfortunately, the same issue i was trying to avoid happened to be brought in various people's convos on the daily (and unfortunately, it's a issue that will always be controversial no matter what happens) and to top it off, certain individuals were tossing that issue head on in my direction. at the moment of time, i felt that they were actually making things worse for me despite them unintentionally, have me have to deal with the issue that i was avoiding or was confused about. flash to some years later where i'm going through life, i managed to dodge that particular issue somehow, maintaining my composure through the jest of things despite it coming up again through either certain people bringing it up or it just happen to float out there some way or somehow. i thought that eventually it would go away, never come back, die off and i could live my life in peace but unfortunately, i'm starting to realize that that's not going to happen. this is something that is really making me scratch my head about myself and i honestly feel that i'll have a better understand of myself and where i'm at if i can try to make sense of it because right now i can't. either i'm not making sense of it OR it's exactly what it is and i'm basically in denial.

for the record, if i wasn't living with my parents, had a job and was away from the area that i was at where i could form a clean slate where everybody forgot about me, i probably could tell you guys about it and you guys might be able to steer me in a direction where i can deal with the matter and help me figure myself out on how to deal with this particular problem.

Last edited by the nation is still angry; 09-13-2011 at 11:02 PM..

Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 PM

okay... can't believe i'm doing this BUT f it.. depending on the next response in this thread or who responds to it, i'll reveal what the "issue" is in the next reply *gulp* or if i think you're cool enough, i'll pm you the issue so you can understand where i'm coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health