U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM

4,120 posts, read 2,678,493 times
Pawporri...Great that your daughter started picking-up her clothes and the problem didn't stretch on and on for a long time!...I agree with you about the need for discretion. It's not good to "nit-pick" about every little thing. Some things just aren't "life and death" and all that important in the scheme of things...And we can't have everything "our way" 24/7 when we live with other people. Right?...My husband always talked about how his first wife was a "neat-freak." He said everything had to be "**** and span" and "neat and tidy" round the clock. Sometimes he wondered if having a clean house was far more important to her than he and their kids were...He made sure to marry a more "kick-back" kind of woman the second time around. But I know I have some "weird ways" too! (Not when it comes to housekeeping...In other areas!)
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,780,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
lubby...Thanks for your posts. I always enjoy hearing about your husband and your happy marriage and your Mom and the rest of your family too. And the way that you go "all out" for holidays to make the day special and fun for everyone!...I was probably the one who helped my husband become a little more assertive at work! And with his family too!...He helped me learn to "mellow-out" and have more fun in life. He had a way of making simple little things so exciting and special!...I helped him "get past" all of the technical writing he had to do on his job and learn to express himself in personal ways...He used to read what he wrote to me on forums. He was so cute and proud that he "got past" his old "barriers."....Anyway I think that we have a lot of wonderful things to learn from our spouses! I know you feel this way too. Marriage doesn't have to be "hell on earth!" YUK!
We are one of the few couple in our age group that have a good marriage. Many couples my husband knows can't stand their spouse. It's a shame, why get married or stay married? I guess if you have kids which we don't it's harder to seperate.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:11 AM

4,120 posts, read 2,678,493 times
lubby..Thanks for posting. I think it's easier to bring things up in a marriage when spouses are "best friends" and feel secure about each other and their marriage. Don't you?...There is a sense that it will all "come out in the wash" and "be okay." At least this is how I felt about bringing up issues with my husband. Neither one of us planned to "bail out." We knew we were "in it together" for the "long haul." And we also knew that we had the ability to "work" anything "out!" So we felt free to be honest with each other...I feel this same way with my son too. Every now and then we might have a "flare-up" because we can both be stubborn at times and "set in our ways." But it never lasts for long and we "work" to learn and grow and "profit" from all of our "stand-offs." In the end we become more "knowledgeable" about ourselves and each other and it's great!

Old 03-30-2012, 11:12 AM

49,278 posts, read 45,802,045 times
i used to but then i discovered coda.

http://www.sdccoda.org/

Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM

2,660 posts, read 2,278,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i used to but then i discovered coda.

San Diego County CoDA Welcome
It works, it really does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health