Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 05:19 PM

285 posts, read 1,206,102 times

Advertisements

Im laying down in bed with the tv on also on the computer, on a saturday and just feeling ugh!!!! Really not feeling anything really! Its been 11 months sense I told my doctor that ive been experiencing depression symptoms for awhile and started taking Bupropion.

Im currently still on Bupropion right now but was never really diagnose with depression what type of depression I should say, my doctor said it was unspecified depression.

Should I go to another doctor for mental health screening for a second opinion, Ive looked on psychology today.com

To be honest I have been experiencing depression symptoms 2 years at least, it just goes up and down back then

Also should I have a therapist or psychiatrist to go through a mental diagnostic test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
If you feel you should get a second opinion, then yes, you should.

Maybe you could ask your physician, if he/she thinks you should see a psychiatrist or therapist, maybe they can recommend sombody.

I hope you feel better.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:25 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Who were you diagnosed by, a psychologist or psychiatrist? If it was your general physician, then you should see someone in the mental health field. If you do not feel confident with your diagnose then I would get a second opinion. You may or may not have depression, and even if you do, maybe you are not on a medication that works for you.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:19 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Who were you diagnosed by, a psychologist or psychiatrist? If it was your general physician, then you should see someone in the mental health field. If you do not feel confident with your diagnose then I would get a second opinion. You may or may not have depression, and even if you do, maybe you are not on a medication that works for you.
Yes, exactly this - and maybe talk therapy would help you more than, or in combination with, medication. IMO, GPs shouldn't be prescribing anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. If that's what happened with you, I'd ask your PCP for a referral to a qualified therapist.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 AM

285 posts, read 1,206,102 times
I have Kaiser Permenentae so they sent me to behavioral health.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Antidepressants are sort of weird medicines. At one dosage they can do this, another dosage do that. Sometimes they are prescribed for things other than depression - and at a different dosage.

And they can take a long time to start working.

Bottom line: Be a "squeaky wheel". If your medication is not working, keep telling them! And might be best to see a psychologist / psychiatrist on-going for say 6 months while they "adjust" (or switch) your medication. Then they can see what works.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:10 AM

1 posts, read 841 times
Default Monash SPO Fake News Fail

I took a SPO from Monash and they completely spoiled me with Fake News. Now with low dose I don't feel like Jesus and that's a good thing but they wrote, "you reported that you feel like you're Jesus and you reported that it was a positive thing". You can't trust any rationale after that. Funny thing is Monash suggest I take CBT, but show no interest in correcting their own cognative blot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health