Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM

285 posts, read 1,206,006 times

Advertisements

I was on here not to long ago asking if I should get a second opinion for depression.

I received a letter today reminding me that I had another appointment tomorrow (the 5th) with another doctor in behavioral health (doctor Pearson). My main doctor of behavioral health (Carver) wasnt available so he sent me to her. Doctor Carver already had place me on Bupropion (Wellbutrin) for ADD and Depression.

Since I suffered an panic attack recently well September Doctor Carver wanted to put me on Sertraline (Zoloft), however I had not order or taken it yet, even though he wants me to try it out by taking half of the pill for 7 days . I was scared that I wouldnt feel right, so I havent started that medication yet, however I did refill my Bupropion Friday.

Today I wasnt really feeling anything today I was in bed watching TV and on the laptop in the dark and eating sherbert doing nothing, but worrying about what is wrong with myself and how can I feel better and not feel so empty.

On my record sheet it says

Reason for Vist: Telecare Depression Follow up/ Attention Defict
Diagnoses for this visit: Anxiety Disorder Depression & Attention Deficit Disorder

Ongoing Health Conditions:
ADHD - Inattentive (Chronic)
Depression, Unspecified (Chronic)

Also is it alright to ask the psychiatrist if she knows any LGBT psychotherapy?

Last edited by TySky; 11-03-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,603 times
It is just a diagnosis category Of depression. Either you do not meet the number of specifiers for a particular type of depression, or your doctor is not ready to narrow down what type you have yet because he/she has not seen you enough times to get all of the info needed or they may not narrow it down at all.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Yes. I agree with the above poster. Don't stress yourself over this. You are doing the right thing, seeing a Doctor, and even getting a second opinion. Talk to them, do the things they prescribe, follow their suggestions. My son has adhd, he has had struggles with depression for years. I see improvements in him, his attitude when he stays active. Try to get into the shower the first thing, develop a routine when you shower, dress for the day, and go do something, anything...take a walk, go to the market, something outside your home. Have you tried a gym...Planet Fitness is reasonable priced. The effects getting out has on us is very good, it makes us focus on something else, sometimes you'll interact w/ others, just breaks the cycle of lethargy....laying in bed, which makes you feel worthless....than it is a cycle, you worry you aren't energetic, you stress over your diagnosis...My suggestion is break that cycle...See if this helps, along w/ your Doctors suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health