Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:27 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,437,617 times

Advertisements

Why are you even taking time to be on the internet? You know yourself better than anyone and if you know you need to work 3x harder than the next person, then that's what you need to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 10:40 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,944,637 times
Advice?

Professional help. Seriously.

Not smelling the flowers is one thing. Not thinking and sometimes making time to do it is quite another.

Considering what you've given up, there isn't much left. You might end up realizing that too late in the life you have and end up wishing you had a different one.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:10 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
I wonder what you mean by 'productive'. Even some work, jobs, aren't 'productive' or beneficial beyond a certain point. And some are just lame. It sounds to me like you need approval.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 PM

112 posts, read 180,956 times
seems to me like you've fallen into society's trap of being afraid to be called a "loser". Sometimes the simple things bring happiness. You don't have time to sleep, but when your body finally breaks down, you will be forced to make time for illness and sleep.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:17 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Advice?

Professional help. Seriously.

Not smelling the flowers is one thing. Not thinking and sometimes making time to do it is quite another.

Considering what you've given up, there isn't much left. You might end up realizing that too late in the life you have and end up wishing you had a different one.

this only until i get into and done with the nursing program. In order to get in you gotta want it as bad as you want to breathe.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2? View Post
seems to me like you've fallen into society's trap of being afraid to be called a "loser". Sometimes the simple things bring happiness. You don't have time to sleep, but when your body finally breaks down, you will be forced to make time for illness and sleep.
I think it is a myth that you need 8 hours of sleep a night . If i can get 3-5 i am good I rather push my self to the limit then sleep all day. I just do not get people who sleep 8-12 hours a day.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Why are you even taking time to be on the internet? You know yourself better than anyone and if you know you need to work 3x harder than the next person, then that's what you need to do.

I do have a free time to play on the web.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I constantly feel the need to be productive otherwise I feel as if I am wasting my life away.Seeing that I only get 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night I know it is not good but I am busy . If I try to go to bed early I just end up staring at the ceiling and I just get up and go do something like homework or read ahead.I am a major perfectionist. I do lot of activities and feel guilty. Yes guilty. About sleeping more then a few hours very other night

I am currently back in college and take 2-3 classes and work night crew 40 hours a week so I go to work at midnight and get of at 8am or so.

As of late I have been giving up dating , friends , family , tv, Xbox ,drinking, partying, sports, working out , meeting new people, sleep , sex, going out , and everything I once enjoyed to get to my goals.

The desire to feel like i am not a loser drives me. I don't know if that's the healthiest thing—to be motivated by a fear of hating yourself, but it helps.

When I'm feeling in a darker place, my perception is that everything sucks and even though I've done this, it seems I should have done more.

I am going for my bachelor degree nursing and feel like I have to work 3x harder then the person next to me so I get into the college I want I need a 3.8 gpa . There are a lot of people smarter then me but if I just will it and but my heart into this I will make it.

Any advice?

it's like a skinny person looking in the mirror and seeing herself as fat and not eating.... and not noticing that she is losing way too much weight, not healthy

your view is not healthy, not good for you or others around you

UNLESS you are meant to be a workaholic without friends? Maybe then you're doing what you were meant to do.... Does it make you feel good or are you seeking a change?

some people are born for one purpose... like a great mathematician who solves the secrets of the universe and is very useful to society, but not good in social circles or with friends or family

I guess the question is: what do you want? What end goal? And then adjust your thinking to fit the goal (instead of following your possibly messed up thinking to arrive at some unknown possibly bad destination)

Obviously, feeling good about wasted time or feeling bad about it is simply a mindset. It's only good or bad because you think of it as good or bad. So are your feelings about it and your rational thinking about it the same? If not, then you are seeking a change and therapy may help to change your mindset.

There is an affordable online therapy at therapyq.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health