Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,977 times

Advertisements

Hi! My mom is currently on 900mg of Seroquel and I am not sure how much Ambien she takes but she takes it daily with that as well. I feel like she is beyond over medicated however I have no idea what "normal" prescriptions are and such. Anyways she has been diagnosed as bipolar which apparently brings her insomnia therefore she is on both those meds. I literally had to carry her to bed tonight as I found her tipping over in the hallway tonight. She literally was unable to walk to bed. It was like she was so drunk (even though she does not drink, its the only thing I can compare it to) that she was unable to walk. I know it is not normal at all to tip over, slur her words, or sway as she stands. She sleeps a lot during the day and when I put her to bed she literally was snoring 30 seconds later. And of course I dont want to insinuate anything, but I do have to also take into consideration that my whole life (22 years)she has been abusing something and when she quits it she picks up a new addiction so my mind does wander to is this the new choice...

I really dont know what I am asking her but I guess I am just asking your opinion. I am not familiar with these pills so I dont know anything about them lol. I know that the doctors purpose when prescribing these is to have my mom all pilled out...

Any words you can give me helps... thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 09:00 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Not familiar with Seroquel, but, a quick Google check says it is an anti-psychotic drug given for bi-polar, and other psychiatric illnesses. Plenty of other information is available.

Ambien is a sleeping product. I use 5mg Ambien now and then, which is a low dosage, but, the effects wear off if used a longtime and more is needed to act as a sleeping agent.

It sounds like your mom is taking too much of something.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Seroquel will also make you very sleepy if you become sensitive to it. Ambien combined with that could worsen the condition. Since your mother won't remember see if you can go see her doctor with her so you can describe it, especially if it happens more often. Ambien more often when its not working right produces actions like activities while asleep. People have woken up at work in the morning not remembering how they got there.

Her level of seroquel definately needs to be checked and if you she doesn't seem herself then see if you can get an emergency appointment and go with her. She may be taking the wrong dosage or her body has adjusted to it and is acting differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health