Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times

Advertisements

So with the shooting in the D.C. Naval yard the arm chair doctors and the media have already started throwing around the shooters supposed mental problem....PTSD. This is a man who people claim has PTSD due to his being on the island of Manhattan during 9/11.....really?? It can't be from his military service because he never left the U.S. I bet if people actually dig deeper, it will be found out that this man had problems way before 9/11. I write this thread because in situations like this it diminishes the people who really have PTSD and almost classifies them as "lunatics" much like what was done to Vietnam vets.

It also seems that over the last few years the medical definition for PTSD have unjustly added "violence" to its symptoms...nonsense. Anyone who have know people with it they tend to shy away from violence.

This is a near and dear problem to me (family member who is diagnosed with PTSD) and its sad how people who actually have this mental problem (and I actually hate classifying it as such) as my family member with it says "PTSD is just my assh*le detector alerting me to stay away" and he is actually glad to have it.

These incidents are not PTSD related..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 AM

415 posts, read 764,514 times
the FDA receives 32 times more money from pharmaceutical company's than they receive of our tax dollars,So just follow the money, they put people and kids on SSRI's like they are candy, then you have your Prozac and others that are fluoride based, Hitler and his gang used fluoride in the camps to numb the minds of the prisoners to the point of zombie like...

Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
the FDA receives 32 times more money from pharmaceutical company's than they receive of our tax dollars,So just follow the money, they put people and kids on SSRI's like they are candy, then you have your Prozac and others that are fluoride based, Hitler and his gang used fluoride in the camps to numb the minds of the prisoners to the point of zombie like...
I believe you are 100% correct with your post..

Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
So with the shooting in the D.C. Naval yard the arm chair doctors and the media have already started throwing around the shooters supposed mental problem....PTSD. This is a man who people claim has PTSD due to his being on the island of Manhattan during 9/11.....really?? It can't be from his military service because he never left the U.S. I bet if people actually dig deeper, it will be found out that this man had problems way before 9/11. I write this thread because in situations like this it diminishes the people who really have PTSD and almost classifies them as "lunatics" much like what was done to Vietnam vets.

It also seems that over the last few years the medical definition for PTSD have unjustly added "violence" to its symptoms...nonsense. Anyone who have know people with it they tend to shy away from violence.

This is a near and dear problem to me (family member who is diagnosed with PTSD) and its sad how people who actually have this mental problem (and I actually hate classifying it as such) as my family member with it says "PTSD is just my assh*le detector alerting me to stay away" and he is actually glad to have it.

These incidents are not PTSD related..
Agreed. What a crock. I'm a survivor who got out of the WTC--there are 15,000 of us, plus all the first responders and others who were in the neighborhood that day and witnessed chunks of people and jumpers and those who worked at the site scraping human skin off of steel beams. Yes, we all do have some PTSD stuff--floors randomly "move", loud sounds make us jump, nightmares, etc. Some of it was worse right afterward, some will probably always stay with us.

We don't go around shooting people, though. Most of us just go about our lives with these little annoying PTSD sidebars as accompaniment. This guy had other mental issues.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 AM

Exactly Mightyqueen..
To me if you can classify every wrong thing a person does as "mental illness" the more of there life the govt. can control.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,728 times
What kind of meds was he on? Has that been reported yet?
Check this out:
Index to SSRI Stories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health