Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 07:18 AM

3 posts, read 3,548 times

Advertisements

I have had mental health issues since i was a young child, i had been diagnosed with these: pdd, add, depression, turrets, bipolar, and anger. I had been hospitalized as a child 5 times. I ran away at 17 and lived on my own since, i am now 33. I havent really seen a dr, but here and there since i left home, and i stopped all meds. Well i recently started seeing a doctor, and she just listened to what i thought i had and what my husband thinks i have and now she prescribed me meds and all, one thing i know is i have roaming thoughts??? bipolar, anger which im afraaid to tell them cause i have kids and they might freak out although im ok with my kids. How do they know i dont have more issues? she doesnt even ask how my life is or how i feel. just asks about my roaming thoughts and jealousy. So what do i do? are roaming thoughts a mental disorder? 2 of my children have autism as well. Is that passed from me? please help. Also i get very paranoid when working thinking everyone is looking at me and talking about me, so i always quit, i never had a job longer then 1 month. Can i get ssi? i need income but cant keep a job to save my life, like i want to work but its so hard. Do i need to find new doctor? I also have no friends where i moved, it gets lonely, i stick to myself, and i dont talk to people. Thanks

Last edited by Queenzombie13; 05-02-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
Queenie,

Stay with seeking help, only a professional can help better then we can. I admire you're complete honesty, a very good virtue and a good value. However, one step at a time, see you're Doctor, do as they say and take your meds and stop being so hard on yourself, you deserve much more credit then you think, you're a mother and a wife and that's a job in of itself. Maybe down the road once you're feeling better with yourself and your thoughts aren't drifting like they once did you might find some satisfaction with volunteering for some worthy cause that will make you feel more comfortable with yourself and being around other co workers and friends, but you need to take that first step, start today and take charge. God bless, take care and good luck.

Knight

Old 05-02-2014, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,548 times
Thank you Knight, it took alot to write this. To me this is embarrassing. IDK i just need to get it out though

Old 05-02-2014, 09:33 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Talk to your husband about what is needed.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:16 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,884 times
A doctor will ask you about your symptoms. Racing thoughts is a symptom, when combined with other symptoms, can lead to a diagnosis. If you want to talk about your life and your feelings see a therapist.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
A doctor may not be enough. I'd suggest a psychiatrist and maybe also a psychologist too or maybe a clinician.

I would suggest cleaning up your diet. Eliminate sugar, refined carbohydrates and excess fat. Also make sure you have all the essential micro nutrients (minerals and vitamins). Think in terms of therapeutic doses (but be careful of overdoses). That will not cure you but will give you a better chance.

Take care
303Guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health