Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:27 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times

Advertisements

I was just speaking with another poster about this so I thought I would ask others to share any obsessions or compulsions or any other symptoms of possible ocd. I believe that a lot of people can have ocd tendencies and not have a full blown life interferring case of it.

As for myself, I tend to have an obsession with hair on the bathroom floor and I have also suffered before from "sentences" in my head that WILL NOT go away. Let's just say that these "sentences" are not positive ones.

I also know someone who feels the need to rearrange objects so that they are square.

I also know someone who absolutely HAS to touch certain things as she walks past them.

Anyone else? We may all feel better if we get it off our chests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 02:34 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
My nicknacks, pictures frames,candles, etc. must be arranged symmetrically.
I always eat the green M&M's first.
My dog has squirrel OCD, she MUST run after EVERY one of them she sees even if it means running around the house to different windows to get a better look.
I arrange the items in my fridge by height... not kidding!
I need help!!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:46 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,988,425 times
all the clothes in my closet are color coordinated.And when you put clothes away in drawers,[or towels in a closet] you must rotate the clean ones to the bottom!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
My dog has squirrel OCD, she MUST run after EVERY one of them she sees even if it means running around the house to different windows to get a better look.
I need help!!
I hope you are not serious..................... your fine.

I only eat green MMs and I'm OK. At least that what my imaginary friend tells me.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
You control your thoughts. Your thoughts do not control you.

OCD is a way to deal with anxiety.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Oh, I forgot about my closet. Items aren't arranged by color, but all my tank tops are first, short sleeve shirts next, then long sleeves, then sweaters, then jeans.
I always eat the green M&M's first. Just double checking that I said that already.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:50 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Toliet tissue and paper towels must roll off from the top. I can't or won't sit with my back to the door in a restaurant. My bath towels, wash cloths are folded so when you open my linen closet you see just the fold (not the ends of towels ... does that make sense?) Well it looks better that way to me at least.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:23 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
So ... seeeriously ... I have to pay my bills the minute they arrive. I can't stand the thought that I haven't paid a bill.

I also, similarly, have to mail bills/letters immediately, even if it's a Saturday afternoon and they won't go out until Monday. I have to get them in the mailbox!

I just ... basically ... have to get things off of my "to do" list even if there is no point to my sequence. If I have things hanging over my head, even trivial things, like mailing off a "Netflix" it makes me crazy and I can't rest until it is ... done!

I also have memorized every episode of Monk. Go ahead, nico, ask me any line from any episode.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
I need help!!
tlb, I'm going to try to be gentle here. I think I know of a safe place where you can get some help. I'm sending some pipple to your house in the morning.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
tlb, I'm going to try to be gentle here. I think I know of a safe place where you can get some help. I'm sending some pipple to your house in the morning.
OOOHH pipple, does it taste like green M&M's? I eat the green ones first, did I mention that yet??
I'm reading these posts and realizing I left alot, I mean a lot of things out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health