Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 02:26 AM

27 posts, read 103,624 times

Advertisements

I mean I do things go for walks etc, but when I need a rest my brain feels like it is going to explode from boredom what is it in the brain that is causing this, can anyone find out so I can take some meds or something for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 09:24 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
markcrazy123 wrote:
I mean I do things go for walks etc, but when I need a rest my brain feels like it is going to explode from boredom what is it in the brain that is causing this, can anyone find out so I can take some meds or something for it.
There is something in your train of thought that brings it on. It has become so habitual that you no longer have any awareness that you are even thinking those thoughts. Begin by watching your thoughts, and you are likely to become of aware of thoughts that go something like this. Your vesrion will probably be somewhat different, but you get the gist:
I'm gonna explode.

I just can't take it anymore.

This is too much.

I'm bored out of my mind.
When you notice the urge to explode, train yourself to simply watch your train of thought. Learn to watch the thoughts in your mind at this time, and let them go by without getting caught up in them. Additionally, whenever you become aware that you are about to explode, take a few deep breaths and silently tell yourself something like this:
As I watch my breath coming in, and my breath going out, my body relaxes with every breath in and every breath out, and my thoughts slow down and mind grows calm and still with every breath in and every breath out.
Use the power of suggestion to take control of your thought process instead of allowing it to control you.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-22-2009 at 09:36 AM..

Old 08-22-2009, 09:41 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post

...whenever you become aware that you are about to explode....
Turn on your video camera.

A good exploding head video would be an instant hit on U-Tube.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:43 AM

244 posts, read 298,935 times
I am no clinician, but it seems to me that a person's brain can either work for them or work against them. I do believe that a small percentage of people diagnosed with ADD or ADHD have some kind of chemical issue in their brain. However, I have always asked people who claim this problem if they had a good relationship with their parents when they were young.

Have you ever watched children, or even small animals when they are not aware of you watching them? It is almost physically impossible for a child to walk in a straight line from point A to point B. Instead, they spin, or they run, or they jump and investigate; a myriad or things other than 'get to where you are supposed to go.'

This is actually a beautiful thing, when it is appropriate. Unfortunately for many children they are left to their own devices too often, and rarely if ever taught the appropriate time and place to flail about and expend the energy that burns in all children. As time goes on and children are given little or no direction, their instincts take over and they just bop around as a way of life.

The trouble begins when they are required to become part of a group of classmates that are required to sit still and pay attention to the teacher for extended periods of time. Because they have been give no skills to pay attention and sit still they are pegged as trouble makers or worse, sufferers of a dubious disease that results in the prescription of what amounts to speed (so much for the war on drugs when the medical establishments condones giving drugs to children).

Adults with trouble paying attention have to fend for themselves unless they want to become slaves to pills. I would recommend some sort of small exercises that are geared toward controlling your brain and your body together. These kinds of exercises can be anything that requires small amounts of focus and dedication. A log should be kept so progress can be seen and appreciated.

For instance, do a mind exercise like a crossword puzzle or something that requires focus. Do some gardening, write a letter to someone that has only one topic; anything that you enjoy and that keeps the mind focused on one thing. Time yourself for how long you can do that thing without getting distracted. Put it in the log and try it again the next day or maybe twice a day. Force yourself to go one minute longer every other day, or at the end of the week - whatever you can do and makes you feel good.

The bottom line is that you have to become less of a slave to your mind and begin to take control of your mind. The cool thing about a mind is that it is most powerful tool any of us has at our disposal. Look around you. Everything in the human world was once a dream before it became reality. It took effort and a lot of mistakes to get things right. It is the same for an individual. But it all comes down to you. Do you really want to stop being bored, or is it just too easy to complain until someone gives you a "magic bullet" (in the form of a pill)?

I don't want to sound callous, but take some responsibility for your life. Don't be a victim. It may not be easy, but you can either get used to having a sub-standard life, or you can begin to create a more meaningful and self-fulfilling life. It's up to you.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
markcrazy123 wrote:
There is something in your train of thought that brings it on. It has become so habitual that you no longer have any awareness that you are even thinking those thoughts. Begin by watching your thoughts, and you are likely to become of aware of thoughts that go something like this. Your vesrion will probably be somewhat different, but you get the gist:
I'm gonna explode.

This is too much.

When you notice the urge to explode, train yourself to simply watch your train of thought. Learn to watch the thoughts in your mind at this time, and let them go by without getting caught up in them. Additionally, whenever you become aware that you are about to explode, take a few deep breaths and silently tell yourself something like this:
As I watch my breath coming in, and my breath going out, my body relaxes with every breath in and every breath out, and my thoughts slow down and mind grows calm and still with every breath in and every breath out.
Use the power of suggestion to take control of your thought process instead of allowing it to control you.

Thanks I will try this, but wish you were here with me so I can learn what you have just told me.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
markcrazy123 wrote:
I'm gonna explode.

This is too much.

I don't have thoughts running around in my head I have no thoughts when my brain feels like it is going to explode. I know how to control my thoughts, the question is how do I control my brain exploding when all I wanna do is RELAX.

I am on 2 medications because I have depression

olanzapine
citalopram

could it be these drugs that are causing my brain to expolde. I mean I have told my psychartrist but he doesn't care, what a wanker.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Here's the secret cure for boredom:

You gotta get so bored that you reach a point of being bored with being bored. The only thing left at that point is to do something else.
that makes sense

Old 09-01-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
markcrazy123 wrote:
I'm gonna explode.

This is too much.

This has got to be the smartest thing anyone has ever said to me.
I am learning to tame my mind.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
markcrazy123 wrote:
I'm gonna explode.

This is too much.

Cosmic wizard you rock I am learning to make my mind not go crazy. Your words are inspirational.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcrazy123 View Post
Cosmic wizard you rock I am learning to make my mind not go crazy. Your words are inspirational.
It's not working, my brain still feels like it is going to explode and it is really annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health