Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:09 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times

Advertisements

Thanks to surgery, I'm supposed to take B-12 as a suppliment. I can't absorb it from food. I have to use shots or some form of sublingual absorbtion. It's considered a 'vitamin' even when I had insurence so unless I got shots it wasn't paid for. I've used the sublingual type for some time, too, since shots give you a giant charge and it gradually winds down until the month runs out. The pills even things out a lot better.

I ran out a few months ago, and forgot to order them, and felt okay so I thought I'd see how it went. But I've been really really tired and decided to start again.

I've taken one. I feel super energized. I can't sit still. My body must have been really needing it. But I realize I don't feel DOWN. Lately, the down part of the bp2 has been winning. I keep ruminating about stuff, you know the stuff you can't control? And stuff I can but anything negative I just get depressed and numb.

I had tried a st john's wart pill, which doesn't have the over wallop of 'regular pills' on me. It helped but I still felt tired and couldn't concentrate right. That 'what if world' felt like it was floating just beyond. The st. john's wart pills don't seem to have the absorbtion problem of all the 'legit' psych stuff, which either hits me like a giant thud, or doesn't do much at all, if it absorbs or doesn't.

But I feel so GOOD right now. Not 'high' good, but feeling positive. I have energy, maybe to much and I'm a bit manic. Just a bit. I'm hoping it will keep me energetic. It's also magic in the effect on joint aches, better than taking nsaids.

Has anyone taken b12 on a regular basis and had positive results other than having more energy?

This is the type I take. The B-12 is in a form much easier for the body to absorb than most, as most versions of sublinguals use the form that the body converts to this one. I have found its much more effective.

Amazon.com: Methylcobalamin B12, Sublingual Vitamin B-12 5000mcg - 120 Tablets: Health & Personal Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,512 times
It looks like you're taking the "good" B12. I now get a shot once a month and I can tell a HUGE difference.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:21 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
I have a similar issue with not absorbing properly but never really notice a difference when I take it or not. But I am taking OTC pills. Maybe I should try something higher quality. I know mine is low. When it gets really low, I can tell its coming back up when I take my pills.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:09 PM

I'm taking (was taking) B12 pills otc. Until reading about B12 on this forum I didn't know why I'm needing B12.
But when I get a shot I can REALLY tell a difference. I stopped taking the pills. I've had 2 shots so far (a month in between) so I'll continue this for awhile.
Also I can tell I need more Vitamin D. *sigh* If it's not one thing, it's another.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:29 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
It looks like you're taking the "good" B12. I now get a shot once a month and I can tell a HUGE difference.
I got very manic on the shots, then by the time they ran out, just t-i-r-e-d. The store kind of pills didn't do much. But I did some research on Amazon, and discovered there are two types. Your body has to convert the normal store kind to methyl cobalamin which is the form absorbed. If your body is poor at conversion you won't get much out of it. The ones I take work as good as the shots without the super powers you feel like after the shot and the end of the day feeling before you get the next one.

The cheap kinds in the story likely will not provide as good a result as the specialty types. Try the above brand and see if they help as much.

One other thing I've found is they help the muscle cramps I get in my feet when they get really cold. It seems to stop the contractions along with warming them up and resting. Muscle crams come from low B-12

Old 01-15-2016, 06:35 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Muscle crams come from low B-12
My muscle cramps come from low calcium. But it was severely low. If I miss a couple days taking it, they come back and they are debilitating. It also comes from the medical issue that causes me trouble with Bs, also impacts calcium.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:02 AM

There are good and bad B12 pills.
Look at this thread:
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/2394841-replacement-b12-injection.html"]http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/2394841-replacement-b12-injection.html[/URL]

Old 01-16-2016, 05:43 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,209 times
if you are an alcoholic and start taking vitamin b when you quit drinking you are going to feel an AMAZING uplift.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:32 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
I take a B12 vitamin supplement, and it might just be placebo, but i do feel some better. that combined with my lithium, I feel like Superman.

Kidding on the lithium.....

I had heard it had a positive effect on energy, and that may just be true.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:59 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,583,499 times
nightbird47, how soon after taking it do you start to feel the affects?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health