Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 04:16 AM

840 posts, read 773,066 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a detailed definition of what "Lead Intoxication" is,

preferably in layman's terms.

All I have found is it listed as one of the possible symptoms of lead poisoning in adults.

I need a comprehensive --yet laymen-understandable-- definition . . .
from an empathetic source if possible.

A good article about how Lead Poisoning can devastate a family would also be much appreciated!

A long time friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with chronic lead poisoning.

She has had several of the symptoms associated with it for decades, and I think Lead Intoxication may be another symptom that she exhibited, starting early on. I had the chance to once speak with her daughter, and one experience she told me about came back to me when I found it in a list of symptoms of L.P.)

Her family --and many others-- seem to have written her off a long time ago as just wanting to make trouble, and I am looking for information that can help them understand that the lead could have caused her unwelcome behavior --& often negative attitude-- all this time.

(She has had both good and bad moments over the decades I've known her . . . consistently inconsistent --&-- negative mixed with some positive. A person had to be around her often to see the good times, and most people --including her family-- pretty much ignored her, so mainly saw the unwelcome behavior, instead . . . including delusions (which are absolutely real to those who have them) . . . which they told her she was making up . . . so then she has felt she could no longer trust them (paranoia is just one more symptom she has exhibited).

She really needs the support of family, especially now . . . so I'm trying to come up with solid information that might help them accept that she is indeed suffering from the effects of chronic poisoning, with long-term effects. I've only been able to speak to two of them, one time each, over the years. So, I think a short note & a copy of whatever info I can dig up may be the way to introduce the idea to them. (I get a bit emotional just thinking about all the trouble L.P. has wrought on this family, and I can't communicate very well when upset. So, a phone call might very well backfire.)

Thank You for any help you can be to us!

I am just hoping for a point in the right direction to look, but will certainly appreciate more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 03:29 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
OP, since you're living in the Southwest, you all may have holistic docs available. I went through a detox/chelation protocol last year with my doc for lead and mercury and he knows a lot about it but me not so much--I just had to trust him on this one. I think more of my problems came from mercury and it caused a distinct personality change when I was a young teen that has caused me many problems in my life, though probably not as bad as your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health