Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:09 AM

710 posts, read 584,482 times

Advertisements

Update: I just found out yesterday that one of the people who used to mess with me at school is currently has an arrest warrant out for shooting someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 10:39 AM

4,186 posts, read 3,400,840 times
Yikes.

Good thing they are no longer in your life.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Yikes.

Good thing they are no longer in your life.
I know, I'm glad. Anyway, this is sort of random, but if I have a significant other and/or kids in the future and they ask about my youth, should I keep the things that happened to me a secret and just pretend that it never happened?

Old 02-21-2016, 12:42 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,400,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I know, I'm glad. Anyway, this is sort of random, but if I have a significant other and/or kids in the future and they ask about my youth, should I keep the things that happened to me a secret and just pretend that it never happened?

I don't think so. Secrets carry their own burden, and especially if you have kids, it might help them handle a similar situation if they should run into it.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:33 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,753,744 times
I didn't read through all 8 pages, but I wanted to add my two cents. Its normal. I feel the same way. I was bullied in high school, too. Recently, one of the bullies tried to add me on Facebook. I declined it. Doesn't look like he's up to much these days..

Old 02-22-2016, 08:55 PM

162 posts, read 155,625 times
I was horrendously bullied though kindergarten to 10th grade. I dealt with it badly. I repressed a lot of anger and let an abuse pattern develop. I say let the anger out constructively an grow from it. Easier said than done but don't let what evil people did to you define your life.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,281 times
I know that my body conscious opinion of myself is tied to that. I was a chubby kid, but not fat like today's kids are. Nevertheless, unrelenting attacks on my outer attributes caused me to have no confidence. Stays with me today. I struggle in being a faithful husband, at times, because I now get the attention from the opposite sex that i would have liked to have gotten back in high school.

I guess that people change, but damage can be done early in your life. I try to instill self-confidence in my kids, the best I can.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:23 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Let it go and move on with your life. Wanting revenge is only hurting you, not them.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Let it go and move on with your life. Wanting revenge is only hurting you, not them.
I'm actually calmer now than I was when I initially made the thread. However, I don't want to let go of what happened and if I ever get the chance to get some sort of revenge against them, however unlikely that may be, I'm still taking it. The dislike I hold for the people that bullied me is for life.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I know that my body conscious opinion of myself is tied to that. I was a chubby kid, but not fat like today's kids are. Nevertheless, unrelenting attacks on my outer attributes caused me to have no confidence. Stays with me today. I struggle in being a faithful husband, at times, because I now get the attention from the opposite sex that i would have liked to have gotten back in high school.

I guess that people change, but damage can be done early in your life. I try to instill self-confidence in my kids, the best I can.
That's a problem I have as well. I want to live out the days I missed due to being a loner and having no self-esteem. I want to have a lot of friends and get the girls I was never able to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health