Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2016, 09:45 AM

351 posts, read 666,650 times

Advertisements

Feeling Bad and "Not feeling well" are different. Not feeling well for 13 years about once a week was caused by Vicodin which I quit about half a year ago but it was also the only thing that help my depression and I tried everything you can imagine. When you feel like Death you will take a Vicodin if it takes you out of that feeling and for those who disagree, believe me when I say if you felt like me you will change your mind because Vicodin was never habit forming for me because when I quit I had no withdrawals. Does anyone have any suggestion what you can do to not feel like death in the morning and most of the day and only at night do I feel better.(There are no real symptoms, it's just feeling Bad which one doctor did not know what "Not feeling well" meant and I got a new doctor) If you ask any doctor they will just look at you the same way a child will look at you when you explain higher math. At least 10% of Americans have mental and physical problems that doctors just can't or won't figure out and I could give you a lot of examples about myself on problems I had to figure out because doctors just don't know and that is why I'm on this site asking a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 11:19 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
For many it can be low cortisol. My morning cortisol is low and after a good sleep I feel worn out, but I know it's cortisol and probably living with chronic OA pain.

Could be thyroid as I worked with a crappy doc for 10 yrs and never got my thyroid supported...3 bad endos also. I don't know how old you are but these two are major. For me after struggling with A/D's and not getting thyroid supported, my D.O. called in for Armour thyroid no labs nothing and 10 yrs of depression lifted...it was thyroid all those years as I suspected. Personally, I've lost a lot of faith in so much of medicine.

Vicodin is a dangerous drug and good to be rid of it. My daughter got so messed up with it and today is deaf from vicodin.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-30-2016 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-13-2016, 04:19 PM

699 posts, read 1,014,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
For many it can be low cortisol. My morning cortisol is low and after a good sleep I feel worn out, but I know it's cortisol and probably living with chronic OA pain.

Could be thyroid as I worked with a crappy doc for 10 yrs and never got my thyroid supported...3 bad endos also. I don't know how old you are but these two are major. For me after struggling with A/D's and not getting thyroid supported, my D.O. called in for Armour thyroid no labs nothing and 10 yrs of depression lifted...it was thyroid all those years as I suspected. Personally, I've lost a lot of faith in so much of medicine.

Vicodin is a dangerous drug and good to be rid of it. My daughter got so messed up with it and today is deaf from vicodin.
What is armour thyroid? Where do you get it?

Last edited by whitelotus; 05-13-2016 at 04:35 PM..

Old 05-13-2016, 04:57 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Armour is the first ever thyroid support, been around for like 100 yrs. It's a script from a SMART doctor. A modern doctor who will work with it. So many MD's are brainwashed with the synthetic thyroid meds and don't get me started on the money trails. Integrative MD's and out of the box thinking MD's will work with the "old" desiccated thyroid supports...

After years with Armour, I now found a generic, NP Thyroid, and it's less $$$...all drugs keep going up in cost....what else is new in america. NP is a script too.

Here are thyroid med options:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...oid-treatment/

On the cortisol issue, there are so many otc types one can try...I've tried many over the years. Right now working with Pantothenic Acid or Pantetheine which is B5 for adrenal help.

A friend brought potassium deficiency to my attention and if our potassium levels are low that can cause fatigue...while asleep our body is not getting any nourishment. My friend takes potassium in the middle of the night and I started that every night now. Usually about 200mg nightly, RDA for potassium is 4700+mg daily.

I'm no doc, this is from years of working on my health.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-13-2016 at 06:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health