Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 12:23 PM

225 posts, read 216,860 times

Advertisements

I am trying to gather information for a couple where the husband wants to have a simple divorce from his wife. She is here on a K1 VISA since late April, I believe, but no SSN, no AOS, nothing. They got through the first steps to get her over. However, there have been massive fights, she is quite verbally abusive and destructive in their home, and recently twice with kids around. She was choking herself and tried to stab herself, so her husband had to restrain her from hurting herself, or who know, she could have been so out of it she could have gone for him or the children. She even slapped the dude, who could take it physically but I doubt emotionally it went well for him. She fully replies on him for support, but now his children are taken away with their mother until something is done with this person. Because she has bruises, she is threatening to put him in jail, which means he loses work and support for his kids (and her) and to punish the ex for "interfering with their lives" even though that lady just ends up changing schedules when it comes to the children. The wife feels the ex interferes, for a couple of years in the relationship and then marriage in July, even though they barely said a word to one another until June. She also wants to call the police on the ex "just because." This wife wants to punish everyone who "hurt her" even though no one has. She has a hard time dealing with life with someone's ex and schedules often changing.
So the husband is trying to protect himself and the kids, and he got the kids out. He has no money for a layer in case she wants to call the police on him and use the bruises (she bruises easy I am told) from times he had to restrain her from tearing apart the place and hurting herself and possibly the kids. He had to kick her out of the house for a couple of days to protect her and the kids. She stayed with a friend from their church.
I know this dude loves her, and I am sure she loves him, but she is messed up in showing it. He wants to find a way for her to leave back to her home country, and within the year either work on things or file for divorce. However, she does not want to go, and he is afraid living with her under her constant threats. Even though they both told their pastor, who I know they speaking to, the same thing that happened that she was trying to hurt herself, the husband told me that she would tell the cops instead that he went after her and she defended herself. Obviously that is not true since both their stories the day before matched when speaking to their pastor. He did the right thing morally, protecting herself from harm, and her possible harming him or the children, and any other time she was tearing about their place, breaking things not of hers but of the kids (her step children).
He has no money, she has no SSN or job.
Anyone got any options I can provide him? He has no money. He is sick of the threats and abuse, and the kids are scared of her.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 12:39 PM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
I know you're saying that he has no money, but he really, REALLY needs to get a lawyer.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:43 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
She seem to have mental issues and needs professional help, first.
She might get better when on meds and therapy. He should try that first.

Note: Check on pro bono lawyers in his area.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:01 PM

263 posts, read 230,853 times
One of my best friends was the child in a situation like this.

I am inclined to believe that this woman is beyond professional help.

Wish I could be helpful but I hope he does not become of the delusion that she is capable of changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health