Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:41 PM

4 posts, read 7,485 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the words of encouragement hulamaui. Nicotine is definitely a 8-ton demon that's hard to dump. It's not been pleasant dealing with bad mood swings partly instigated from a feeling of not being able to take a deep breath that has gotten progressively worse since I quit smoking 4-weeks ago. Phlegm has definitely increased, however, acetylcysteine which I have researched like crazy over the past 24 hours, has made a world of difference both with my breathing, which is now fine, and my mood swings which have decreased to almost nothing. If you are trying to quit smoking and are having difficulty taking a deep full breath, consider acetylcysteine which has been a Godsend for me over the past 24 hours. It's cheap and has a long record of helping various maladies without any significant side effects. In fact, it's used by bodybuilders to help in recovering from high intensity workouts. I woke up this morning for the first time in more than a week feeling absolutely fine mentally and physically. I encourage everyone to research acetylcysteine and find out for yourself. I can't tell you how much it has helped me. Good luck people. After all this pain I am going through, I seriously doubt if I will ever again have a drag from the evil wench called cigarettes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM

88,059 posts, read 83,912,900 times
Keep going, friends. It does get better. You have to go through this, but it does end and you will be a non-smoker.

December 12 will be two years for me.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,766,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohr808 View Post
Nicotine is definitely a 8-ton demon that's hard to dump. It's not been pleasant dealing with bad mood swings partly instigated from a feeling of not being able to take a deep breath that has gotten progressively worse since I quit smoking 4-weeks ago. Phlegm has definitely increased, however, acetylcysteine which I have researched like crazy over the past 24 hours, has made a world of difference both with my breathing, which is now fine, and my mood swings which have decreased to almost nothing. If you are trying to quit smoking and are having difficulty taking a deep full breath, consider acetylcysteine which has been a Godsend for me over the past 24 hours.
Too late to help you, but for others that are looking to quit, they may want to consider switching to RYO a month or two prior to quitting. The reason i suggest it is because most people that make the transition to RYO experience similar "clearing of the lungs" as those that are quitting smoking. Nicotine delivery/absorption is also a bit different from what you experience with a "premade" cigarette. Going RYO temporarily may help as a bridge of sorts to eventually wean yourself away from cigarettes.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 AM

4 posts, read 7,485 times
It's been well over a month since I quit cold turkey. I no longer have mood swings, my lungs feel 20 years younger, and I can for the first time in over a year train brazilian jiu jitsu and judo without worrying about completely losing my breath feeling as if I'm 10 feet under water struggling to get a breath. I have seen on numerous discussion boards over the past month declarations that lungs don't heal much. This is false. There seems to be a good number of disinfo trolls lurking about. My lungs have healed faster than I could have ever dreamed after 20+ years of smoking. I am very glad that I quit and feel, literally, 20 years younger. Cigs are an evil habit. Get rid of this demon like I did and feel like a new person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health