Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 11:23 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times

Advertisements

I try not to over analyze my doctor -- not sure over analyze is the word I'm looking for -- but I am staring to question her now. I'm on Cymbalta and Buspirone and that's it. It doesn't seem to be working and it doesn't seem to be an aggressive approach. I'm about ready to throw up my hands and go to the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I try not to over analyze my doctor -- not sure over analyze is the word I'm looking for -- but I am staring to question her now. I'm on Cymbalta and Buspirone and that's it. It doesn't seem to be working and it doesn't seem to be an aggressive approach. I'm about ready to throw up my hands and go to the hospital.
Yep, the key words....

***medication isn't working!!!

Say it over and over to your psych MD. There are almost unlimited combos of meds to try and even new drugs on the market for depression...

You have to be *proactive* these days with
MDs and psych treatment providers.
All they know is what you tell them....give examples of behaviors or feelings you wish could change. Ask for medication tryouts...then rely on their expertise.

Go to the hospital, as the psych people there will most likely be most up to date on treatment options.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. Make the effort.

We support you.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
We support you.
Thank you for that and for the advice as well. I know I have been putting off the inevitable for too long. Doing the research last night was eye opening on a few levels. The level of hopelessness they described was me to a T.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:03 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
Quote:
Here's an essay by a woman with double depression --

Not exactly a rosy outlook.

I Will Always Be Depressed, and I'm OK With That

I don't think I'm OK with it. Not yet anyway.
Are you aware that there are tons of vids on YouTube that can help you elevate your mood? There is healing music, Law of Attraction (Abraham Hicks) and lots of other vids that can help you raise your vibe.

If you want to keep being depressed, that is an option too - and the more you focus on depression and the writings of the woman who is doubly depressed above, you will get more of what you are focusing on. It is a law of the universe. So it's up to you to decide what to focus on in any moment and then pay attention to how it makes you feel.

You want to promote good feelings - so if you have hobbies, or pets, or good memories, focusing on any of that will help your mood - or maybe you can go swimming or get a massage, or have a nice meal, or watch a good movie - there are so many options!

Old 10-19-2018, 11:26 PM

Respectfully, nobodysbusiness, I am putting you on ignore before you tell me that other people have it worse than I do and to stop feeling sorry for myself. Please don't counsel folks in your real life like you do on this board.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Respectfully, nobodysbusiness, I am putting you on ignore before you tell me that other people have it worse than I do and to stop feeling sorry for myself. Please don't counsel folks in your real life like you do on this board.
Ok. If you ever want to feel better, just know there are so many options out there.

Good luck.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:07 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:

I have done the same, Joe. He has no respect for the deep pain of those with depression and usually recommends being positive as the treatment for same. Obviously knows nothing of the illness.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I have done the same, Joe. He has no respect for the deep pain of those with depression and usually recommends being positive as the treatment for same. Obviously knows nothing of the illness.
Please do not assume that you know anything about my mental health or history of depression or "deep pain."

I have been there and I have found ways (multiple) to get out of that stuck mindset.

I don't understand the refusal to consider what actually has worked for others, but I accept that there are people who don't WANT recommendations. I was never like that - I was thirsty for any and all info that might help, and I found it.

Still wish you the best.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:09 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
How many of you do tapping work? I have done it off and on for some yrs and then got away from it and now back to it every morning and every night before I go to sleep. There are some very good videos on this work and it sure lifts me up. I use it actually when the thought enters my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard

Old 10-20-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
How many of you do tapping work? I have done it off and on for some yrs and then got away from it and now back to it every morning and every night before I go to sleep. There are some very good videos on this work and it sure lifts me up. I use it actually when the thought enters my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard
This is a great reminder! EFT works wonders, and it is FREE - there are YouTube vids galore. I like Brad Yates, but there are tons of people who can show you the basic set-up.

When I remember, I do it in the shower. It is MAGIC - frees up blockages - really helps - can use it for anxiety, depression, whatever is ailing you.

Thanks, Jam - this forum is called Mental HEALTH - not Mental SICKNESS - it's great when health tips are shared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHXRHbDVAPE

Last edited by nobodysbusiness; 10-20-2018 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health