Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:25 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I do think therapy would help. I need to change my thought process, it’s a hard and long process.
Trying ...what i see is youre
counting your curses and
ignoring your blessings.

Where do you place your ultimate reliance in life.?

"Its a long and hard process"
No it isnt.
I was 1000 miles into the dark
forest of insanity but only ever
1 step away from freedom.

Last edited by jonesg; 06-27-2018 at 07:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 09:20 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
And it continues. The rudest note imaginable from my uncle about how horrible I am and my other car broke down.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:45 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,238 times
Quote:
No, its more life events:

My dad died
Husband lost his job, wasn’t employed for a year
My company went through a reorg, my job changed and I am working 13 hour days
Husband got a job, but in another state we live apart
Daughter totaled the car

That is just a small example of the crap that has happened in a year

That's really just normal life. Of course a parent dying for most of us is usually hard. I lost both in one year. But the stuff you are talking about is normal life. To categorize yourself from the start as someone to whom bad stuff always happens is a recipe for a negative mindset and attendant problems from the get go.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:47 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,238 times
Quote:
And it continues. The rudest note imaginable from my uncle about how horrible I am and my other car broke down.

You are locked in a mindset that leads to unhappiness. You really need to change your thought processes - that is a long term project best done with a competent therapist

Old 07-03-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
You are locked in a mindset that leads to unhappiness. You really need to change your thought processes - that is a long term project best done with a competent therapist
I get that most definitely. It is hard when bad luck happens to you all the time. Some is mindset, some is just bad shut happening all the time.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:33 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
I do think therapy would help. I need to change my thought process, it’s a hard and long process.
Therapy can actually help with that. It's one thing therapists are good at.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:40 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
I also wonder if things might be a little better if the family were together. I don't mean to pry, but is the job the only reason you and your husband live apart. The middle schooler may need her dad more than she needs her school and her friends.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I also wonder if things might be a little better if the family were together. I don't mean to pry, but is the job the only reason you and your husband live apart. The middle schooler may need her dad more than she needs her school and her friends.
The job is. I am not uprooting the kids. We talked about it at length. We have moved a couple of times, one is going to community college next month, the other will be a junior. I am definitely a lot more isolated here than I have ever been. I work remotely and have not met a lot of people. Usually I have a gaggle of friends. Here I only have a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health