Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,393,724 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had trouble with this?

I've been having bad insomnia for the past couple weeks. And it's really starting to bug me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 09:47 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
See your doctor, I suffered for years and now I take a sleeping tab if I can't sleep.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,390,275 times
I have horrible insomnia. All you have to do is look at the times that I post on this site to be witness to that. I'm not really doing anything to stop it either, but just suffer through day after day of getting very little sleep (minus the weekends), and it's definitely something I need to stop because my body needs more sleep.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 PM

Yup that's why I'm here, I can't sleep.

Then when I try I'm wide awake.

It is awful.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:24 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,147 times
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, now this i have big time experience, lol.

let's see, infomercials, girls gone wild commercials, late nite tv nothing worse & more boring.

then you hop on over to the ol puter, look at anything that pops into your head, reallllllllly boring, but too tired to really do anything.

still no sleep, back to the tv, look out the windows, then back to the tv, you finally think ok now i'm getting into the sleep mode, go lay down close eyes & brain says oh no you don't i'm not done messin with you yet.

some of the stupidest things go thru your mind, so then it's back up you go, tylenol pm, excederin pm, might as well be eating life savers, & sleeping pills those you don't even want to think about due to getting hooked on them.

seems also that the harder you try to go to sleep the more your body messes with you, did i lock that door, well better go make sure, well now i gotta pee, that itch you never can get to, the pillow is too flat, now it's too fluffy, lets try 2 pillows, lay on the left, shift to the right, nope try the back, then you get to were your head hurts from tossing & turning like a tuna out of water.

then after the nightly ritual of tuna flopping, finally the eyes fall shut & you drift off into that magical land of sleep, ahhhhhhhh nothing better, but after seemingly hours of no brain activity which was actually only 30 minutes, out of the blue the only loud truck within 50 miles drives by but no that won't be the culprit, for then the dog has to also chime in barking, so then it's do i kill the truck driver or the dog.

so one lays and only dreams of sleep yet to come once again, while others lie motionless in a world once known but now gone to you.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:48 PM

Yeah i've done those things too.

It's almost 1 and i have to be up at 6...

I'm not going to get any good sleep...

Old 02-15-2007, 11:02 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,390,275 times
During the week, I get on average anywhere from 3-5 hours of sleep a night, and a few times have gone on as little as 1-2 hours. Then I wind up crashing during the weekends, sleeping something like 12 hours each day, wasting a good chuck of the day. It's a bad cycle I'm in.

I just can't seem to force myself to go to sleep no matter how hard I try, even if I "think" I'm tired. I tried counting sheep but then the sheep inevitably start doing cool stuff like kickboxing and it keeps me awake. Sigh...

Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,147 times
just postin time away, lol

i'll get up tomorrow & look at my posts & go what was i thinkin lol.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:05 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I've suffered from insomnia from time to time, and this is one of those times.

Instead of fighting it, I just let it happen. I do everything I would do as if it was early evening, and after awhile I finally am able to get to sleep (or at least to bed)

I haven't tried medication, but some things that apparently help: warm water; hot milk; tea with honey; turkey.

Some things that interfere: stress; too much food or drink before sleep time; over-active imagination; reviewing the day's events.

Well, it's nearly time for go to sleep let's see if anything above works!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:08 PM

mmmm turkey lol.

I'll try one of these.

And to prevent crashing on the weekends try those extra stron shots of coffee.

I like coffee.lol.

And i've finally got my mind of the days events...

I'm playin shatterhand! (REALLY only NES game) lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health