Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 01:17 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times

Advertisements

I have had a terrible experience with a second Dr ( and one social worker ) in this area that we live and I just do not feel safe here anymore .
It is the same issue and Ihave lived worldwide and this is has never happened to me .
Ihave only my husband and my youngest daughter who is almost 18 and that is it so no one to tell but it has really bothered me . Ihave been a forum member a long time so not looking for any advice , just need to say something about this .

My husband got a job in this tiny cluster of cities in Southeastern Oregon last summer and wanted daughter and I to come join him . We reluctantly did from Seattle and it has been a nitemare . First husband got laid off ( Aviation mechanic ) and was working as a CNA at a loacl nursing home until daughter graduates in May . I finished a 5 yr taper off of a dangerously high miss scripted amount of a very dangerous drug class in early Dec and it has had catastrophic results to my health .
It has essentially trashed my sympathetic nervous system and I cannot regulate my temp , BP, heart rate , swallow well and a bunch of other things . I stand up or sit up and my heart rate flies up on 168 ( so far ) and my BP will drop to 88/48 ( so far ) . It is that Postural Othostatic Tachicardia Syndrome ( POTS) caused by the drug I was on for 25 yrs and Iam just about bed/couch ridden .
Yesterday my husband and Istruggled to get my heart rate down under 85 resting and 88/50 BP up .
When I stand heart rate is 111-168. I cannot breathe like this .

This is dangerous and needs to have medical support . Plus we have never dealt with this before . HUsband was in the middle of nursing school while working as a CNAbut obviously has had to take leave .

The Dr I saw was the last straw for us . Iswear this is the second medical Dr that I have managed to swing a visit with . ( that is very hard also ) that has given me a religious lecture . I am not kidding . I cannot get treated here . This one on Thursday told me I needed to get right with Jesus , Did I have a spiritual home? He wanted me to go to his church . Did I know the Bible ? have Iread the Bible ? I was shocked and saddened . My husband was stunned . I am terribly ill , very sick and do not need this . Idid not go for spiritual counseling , the first Dr said much the same , I had a normal ER Dr diagnose me here and he assigned me a social worker to help coordinate advanced care/home health , therapy etc , the Social Worker asked us a loaded political question , I looked at him like I did not hear what he said and he never did what he wants supposed to do nor would he return our calls . I needed this care .
I want to leave here now . My daughter wants to graduate and will not go . I am too sick to leave on my own . I want to go home to my Dr and where Iknow people . The experience here as ill as I am has been terrifying . I at least want to make it to Portland several hundred miles away. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 01:55 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Sorry mods I am so stressed out over this that I put it here and not in the main health section .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health