Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 4,710 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I am being harassed with some kind of speaker system and everyone (including parents) is trying to take advantage of my situation by saying I’m mentally ill. My phone speakers got hacked into and when I complained about this I was labeled with “schizoaffective disorder”. I was hearing stuff coming from my phone speaker so I didn’t think much of it, but now I am being harassed with some kind of directional speaker system and am hearing these people talk directly in my head. Another possibility is that I may have ingested a very small speaker that went to my brain. The government definitely has the technology to do this to people and it is being used against me to try to drive me crazy. I used to work for a Government contractor and all of this BS started happening soon after I began employment with them.

I have also had problems with actors impersonating my coworkers and family members. The mental health professionals dont know any better and decided to try to diagnose me instead of conducting an investigation into the kinds of people that were surrounding and harassing me. Police also dont do real investigations anymore when it comes to low level crime like this. Just letting people know that I am being gaslighted and my family members are trying to manipulate me and take control of my funds. I am trying to figure out how to stop being further victimized by these people in this way. Eventually I’m afraid the courts will get involved and rule against me.

Thanks for listening and I hope no one else is being victimized like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 09:01 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Auditory hallucinations, delusions and paranoia.

Why don't you try the meds and at least see if they help?

People with your sorts of problems can easily end up homeless and at risk, if left untreated.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:41 PM

I’m already taking medications but because this isn’t an actual medical problem they don’t actually do anything to “help.”

Old 03-05-2021, 07:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
How long have you taken meds?

Old 03-06-2021, 05:18 AM

More than a year.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:19 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
They're not working. Try another kind.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:14 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Your first post is frankly concerning. But I am not going to try and convince you that your experiences are not real, because I think they feel quite real to you. But, I must agree with previous posters that you need to try to find other meds. Please understand that your experiences do not jibe with the vast majority of other humans. Your experiences may make you feel special, but they also limit your activities in the world, no?

If I try to convince you that your experiences are not real, you will not believe me, correct? If you try to convince me that my experiences in the world are not real, I will not believe you. But, how limiting are your experiences? How fearful do they make you feel? How do they influence your life for the worst?

Please try to find another practitioner or try another course of meds.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:26 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I am sorry to say but this sounds like schizophrenia. My grandmother had these same types of delusions. She thought people in her church were spreading rumors about her, one time she told my mom she put broken glass in my grandfathers dinner and it took my mom 1 hour to convince her that there was no glass in his food. Although what is happening to you may seem very real and frightening I really think you need to talk to a psychiatrist. There are so many ways to treat this disorder now then there were 50 years ago. My grandmother was diagnosed in the late 1960's. She spent sometime in a mental hospital and was given shock treatments. What meds are you on? Maybe they aren't the right ones. I don't think there is any investigating needed and although you feel victimized I think with the proper treatments these delusions will lessen. you say this isn't a medical problem but mental illness is a medical problem and there is nothing to be ashamed about because we all of some kind of issue mentally. you are in denial. But I hope you seek the proper help and get well.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:43 AM

6,339 posts, read 2,889,808 times
Sorry OP, but it doesn't sound good. I worked at a psych hospital for over a decade and I saw people who thought they had some kind of transmitter in the head. Unfortunately the doctors were not compassionate and refused to give people x-rays to prove to them that there was no transmitter. They went right ahead and forced people to take anti-psychotics that don't always work. That just makes the patient worse. You need to find a compassionate and competent doctor.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:21 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Sorry OP, but it doesn't sound good. I worked at a psych hospital for over a decade and I saw people who thought they had some kind of transmitter in the head. Unfortunately the doctors were not compassionate and refused to give people x-rays to prove to them that there was no transmitter. They went right ahead and forced people to take anti-psychotics that don't always work. That just makes the patient worse. You need to find a compassionate and competent doctor.
I agree with your last sentence, but strongly disagree that anti-psychotic medication "just makes the patient worse". This is a very broad statement which cannot possibly apply to all patients. It may take time to find the right medication for each individual patient, but appropriate medication can make a huge positive difference for many people who otherwise would struggle with mental health and be unable to live independent, productive lives.

If you worked at a psych hospital for over a decade, surely you should know this and have witnessed this many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health