Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2023, 10:11 AM

82 posts, read 82,859 times

Advertisements

I don't like how I look and I hate my skin because I have skin conditions which includes itching, scratching with fingernails which leads to bleeding, small bumps, rashes, dark areas and light areas, and freaking scars. I HAVE FREAKING SCARS on my skin and scratches that NEVER go away. I have all of this on my legs, arms, butt, back, what the hell. This is so depressing. I have acne scars on my freaking face and deep ones on my freaking nose that dermatologists said cannot be treated other than plastic surgery and I also need a nose job the dermatologists said which is true, due to some other skin condition on my nose. I have low self esteem. It's not body dysmorphia because I have real skin conditions. I never dated or had a girlfriend and I am not attractive. I am UGLY. I refuse to accept it like other idiots tell me. I hate the " accept yourself, blah blah blah " speech. So don't comment anything stupid like that. I also don't want to hear about seeing a therapist for this because they can't do anything about physical conditions.

Old 05-06-2023, 10:43 AM

5,010 posts, read 591,763 times
Hi Sojka,

I notice you haven't received any responses to your post, and I think the reason is because you wrote this:

Quote:
I hate the " accept yourself, blah blah blah " speech. So don't comment anything stupid like that. I also don't want to hear about seeing a therapist for this because they can't do anything about physical conditions.
Members may feel uncomfortable replying to you because what are we supposed to say?

Being an unattractive man means you have probably become an expert on how shallow and phony people are in this superficial world we live in.

I just have one question : Do you plan to take the action that the dermatologists recommend for you?

Old 08-05-2023, 08:44 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
I'm late seeing this, but I say if you really, really hate how you look & did other avenues, save up money & at least have plastic surgery on the main thing you want to fix. So if I were you, the nose &/or the skin on the face because that's right on your face & the public seese that the most. The skin on the rest of your body you can try to find some skin products or procedures to have done...maybe try the neck/chest skin & arms, then legs last or even not at all because you can always wear pants to cover that up & that's farther down on the body. Just don't get obsessive w/ doing multiple surgeries, etc. because that's not good going overboard w/ trying to fix everything constantly either.

Old 08-05-2023, 09:00 AM

3,118 posts, read 1,007,936 times
Develop inner qualities, kindness, magnetism, intellect, talents so you become an attractive person for others. So they want to spend time with you because that makes them feel good. They will be attracted to you because of your vibes and joyous nature, creativity, kindness etc. And they will not notice your physical body anymore.

In other words, work on your qualities. What do you admire in other people the most? Kindness? Then start working on developing kindness. Courage? Then start working on developing courage. And so on.

Another tip: eat a clean diet, exercise daily outside if possible, introspect, clean your mind regularly with periods of silence, soft music, less stimuli.

Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.