Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
How the government is trying to take over and how Bush passed some crazy laws that anyone can be arrested for being suspected of being a enemy traitor or something like that. I try to ignore what he tells me but it is getting so ridiculous.

Any suggestions.
Yeah, I've a suggestion - go to whitehouse.gov (good enough source for you?) and check out the executive orders of the last 8 years before you pronounce something ridiculous.

I suppose my whole state is crazy as well: Format Document

In case you haven't even heard of the union in question, you can get the info again from the horse's mouth - Council on Foreign Relations. It's a huge pdf I won't bother finding right now. It's buried somewhere on the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 02:53 PM

75 posts, read 181,343 times
Dont panic...and dont call him paranoid please...I wold actually advise you to try and talk to him about it calmly

Old 11-01-2008, 03:43 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,116 times
Are you serious? Just because your husband is reading about conspiracy theories, you think he needs to see a therapist?
I hate to tell you but there are a whole lot of people reading this very thing....more and more of them, all the time...like for instance, the TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS missing from the Pentagon???

YouTube - 9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon

Old 11-01-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Are you serious? Just because your husband is reading about conspiracy theories, you think he needs to see a therapist?
I hate to tell you but there are a whole lot of people reading this very thing....more and more of them, all the time...like for instance, the TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS missing from the Pentagon???

YouTube - 9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon
Oh, well, some people prefer their happy-go-lucky life living like ostriches with their heads buried in the sand. And what's not to like really... it does make life easier. The government loves those mushrooms - keep them in the dark and feed them s*it. That's why it's been raising them so carefully and "lovingly" for decades. It's not like the educational system can't be better.. it sure can, but who needs thinking slaves.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:25 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
If you constantly think about your husband being paranoid, doesn't that make you paranoid about his paranoia?! And in that case who is really paranoid? haha, j/k.

And it's not paranoia if the whole world really IS out to get you! Who knows! lol
HAHA, I am not constantly thinking about it, he is always telling me about it.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
as to the government spraying chemicals to control us that is pretty far out.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:53 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Lately my husband has been reading alot of conspiracy theory things. Really crazy stuff, he is on the computer all the time looking up this garbage.He was on a site this summer that my 6 year old saw and told me about, it had unborn dead frozen babies in jars and rich people trying to take over the world. I yelled at my husband and said he cant let the kids see this stuff. The group that had the video online is called something like the " bradelebog" group or something close to that.
How the government is trying to take over and how Bush passed some crazy laws that anyone can be arrested for being suspected of being a enemy traitor or something like that. I try to ignore what he tells me but it is getting so ridiculous. Last week when he got home from work I was in the driveway and when he got out of his car he looked at the sky and said "The airforce sure has been busy, look at all those chemtrails" i looked up and said "whatever" I figured it had something to do with his new paranoia. Yesterday my adult daughter told me when my husband was driving her over to our house he pointed out chemtrails and said the government is spraying chemicals in the air to control us. He just bought 2 new books last week on government conspiracy.
My question is, do people feel this paranoia is normal or is he going over the edge? I am wondering if I should call a therapist or something. I do not want to be married to a crazy person.I know that schizophrenia can start out with being paranoid. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions.
You know your husband better than anyone on this forum and if you think this is outside his usual behaviour then I'd be concerened. Curiosity is one thing, but from the little you have said, it sounds like unhealthy obsession. Do you know how this new "hobby" came about? Has he been depressed lately? Mental illness in his family?

Keep an eye on him.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
I know someone who is totally into the Alien thing and is always trying to convince us that the Aliens are coming to take over in the middle of November (13th or 15th, whatever the date is he said). He is SO serious too and he gets SO mad when we (the friends) crack up. Get your aluminum foil ready, folks.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:59 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,006 times
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you...

;-)

All kidding aside, obsessing over anything can make you crazy. I hope you both find some peace...

Old 11-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Do you know how this new "hobby" came about?
It's a pretty intense experience when you first find out exactly what's going on and he's apparently in this stage of disbelief and disgust. You can't dwell on it forever, though. The interest will subside eventually since there isn't much one can do about it and you can't drive yourself nuts every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health