Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
Since no one can pinpoint what causes Alzheimer's (for some mysterious reason) I am sticking to my, and many other researchers' theory.

Amyloid plagues are more apt to proliferate with the presence of heavy metals and other toxins in the brain by there role in oxidizing methionine.

Would anyone like to argue that?
We are extremely close to find the causes, we already know almost every about alzheimers. But I guess just because we dont know everything but almost everything, this gives you the right to call it what you want, mercury, aluminum, heavy metals, Vitamins.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
There IS proof that aluminum oxidizes methionine !

Researchers ignore this because when they find the cure the government grants will stop and they will all need to find another job !
We are close in finding the cure, I really dont know what you are talking about.
I really am amazed with your lack of knowledge on the subject and then trying to act like you know anything about it.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Here's a link explaining how methionine oxidation relates to Alzheimer's.

Methionine oxidation inhibits assembly and promote...[Biochemistry. 2008] - PubMed Result
This research say that this oxidation breaks down amyloid, if this is true, they would actually help Alzheimers.
Breaking down amyloid AB sheets is the key in the cure of Alzheimer.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 PM

466 posts, read 928,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
This research say that this oxidation breaks down amyloid, if this is true, they would actually help Alzheimers.
Breaking down amyloid AB sheets is the key in the cure of Alzheimer.

Mercury and other metals and toxins destroy methionine.

Without methionine amyloids cannot be broken down.......

thus.....amyloid proliferation...thus........ "Alzheimer's Disease"

so............. supplement with L- Methionine (a sulfur based amino acid normally active in the body) and Alzheimer's is cured.

The only reason this is not being administered is because the pharmaceutical companies can't patent an amino acid that is already available at the vitamin store for anyone to buy.

There, I think I wrote this so I wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
The only reason this is not being administered is because the pharmaceutical companies can't patent an amino acid that is already available at the vitamin store for anyone to buy.
Not true. Pharmaceutical companies can patent anything, and the FDA can classify anything as a drug.

It happened earlier this year with a form of Vitamin B6, pyridoxamine. The FDA declared it a drug, and now it's not a legal ingredient for supplements.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Mercury and other metals and toxins destroy methionine.

Without methionine amyloids cannot be broken down.......

thus.....amyloid proliferation...thus........ "Alzheimer's Disease"

so............. supplement with L- Methionine (a sulfur based amino acid normally active in the body) and Alzheimer's is cured.

There, I think I wrote this so I wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.
That is not what the actual research said, maybe you should read it.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 AM

466 posts, read 928,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
That is not what the actual research said, maybe you should read it.

Again !

(maybe it's a language barrier)

The research will not conclude this theory because the problem will be solved.

Then people like you would be out of work. What with all the healthy people running around.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:06 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,930,883 times
This thread is going nowhere and it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.