U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,429,118 times

Advertisements

I know not one puff fairfax mom. Thanks for all the ideas

Day 4 and feeling physically better but mentally now miserable. Especially with that morning coffee. Ok I can handle the mental, it will be a breeze compared to the first two days. Ohh lord that was bad. OK DAY 4 and not smoking and wont smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 AM

308 posts, read 571,823 times
I'm very proud of you! You're getting stronger every day!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM

86 posts, read 194,759 times
Go Marilyn!!!

I have to start quitting in the next 9 days. Im planning on buying the patches but am wondering about something I read. It said that when you quit you digest food more slowly and need less food. I work out 4-5 days a week and eat healthy, but is weight gain with quitting unavoidable?

That's really the only thing keeping me. I hate smelling like smoke, depending on it, and paying the ridiculous prices!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 PM

730 posts, read 2,550,847 times
I don't think weight gain is necessarily always going to happen. If you already exercise and eat healthy you'll be fine. Just watch that you don't start replacing smoking with food. Sometimes people do that when they are bored, they will eat when they used to smoke.

Also, if you are worried about the little amount your metabolism might go down when you stop smoking, drink a couple of cups of green tea a day and that will help.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 PM

12,951 posts, read 24,139,385 times
Keep plugging Marilyn, you're doing good

Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM

well I am big on working out and heavy!! I lift like a maniac, and do a little cardio mostly heavy weights but I have not gained any weight yet. However my stomach is so upset and sour that I really cant eat too much. This quitting has thrown my whole body out of wack.

For example, chest pains, sour throat , tons of weird aches and pains, cough, tightness in chest, weird stomach aches, heartburn and headache. SOund like fun huh, the good news is it comes in waves , its managable, and you wont gain weight yet at the point because you feel to crappy to eat.

Listen I would not worry about a few lbs of weight. Thats sort of crazy, I mean most people who gain weight smoking eventually take it off. I think 5 lbs is no big deal , look at your other option LUNG CANCER, most smokers 87percent GET ALL THE CASES OF LUNG CANCER. So listen dont eat like a slob, watch the scale , quit smoking and work out. You will be fine. If I can do it, anyone can.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM

well I am making it, today the psychological has really got to me. Driving in the car was really difficult, and after eating. Hopefully today is almost over tommorrow day 5! I think I got this beat but I can see its just going to take alot of feeling mentally blue and dealing with it.

thanks for the green tea idea.

thanks all for the support, I am not going to smoke so I guess the journey is done. I have moved right into the acceptance phase that I will not and never smoke again. Its just not gonna happen and I can cry, scream and wine all day, its not going to happen.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzy View Post
Go Marilyn!!!

I have to start quitting in the next 9 days. Im planning on buying the patches but am wondering about something I read. It said that when you quit you digest food more slowly and need less food. I work out 4-5 days a week and eat healthy, but is weight gain with quitting unavoidable?

That's really the only thing keeping me. I hate smelling like smoke, depending on it, and paying the ridiculous prices!
why the next 9 days? Off to the army??

Old 07-08-2009, 12:45 PM

22,827 posts, read 28,709,898 times
you are going to be much less stinky now.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you are going to be much less stinky now.
yes I will be smelling like a rose!

I just read back on the first day and this 4 th day is a breeze compared to what I just went back and read. So once you clear the first two days it got alot easier. NOw its all mind games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health