U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 AM

22,674 posts, read 28,559,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Well, if you get tired doing the weightlifting, you can always go shopping! (maybe stay away from Livingston Mall though! )
some people use weightlifting to take their mind off stress. i wish i could do that, i find that if i have stuff on my mind i cant focus on lifting the weights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 PM

4,111 posts, read 12,829,334 times
Right, I know what you mean - not to mention aches and pains and possible strains one might encounter along the way. Will settle for walking and probably eventually power walking, esp. now that the weather's good (tons of people jogging in my area w/ dogs, strollers etc, wondering if they're all stressed out or just hopefully want to get (or stay) in shape).

Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM

5,706 posts, read 12,818,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Right, I know what you mean - not to mention aches and pains and possible strains one might encounter along the way. Will settle for walking and probably eventually power walking, esp. now that the weather's good (tons of people jogging in my area w/ dogs, strollers etc, wondering if they're all stressed out or just hopefully want to get (or stay) in shape).
Can't jog anymore, too hard on the knees. I ride my bicycle and the dog on a leash at the same time. Works for me!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

5,617 posts, read 13,389,329 times
ohh boy what a bad day, and to think your thru the hurdle with this drug. ITs just plain terrible. Made it to the gym, made it over to see mom and dad. Then when I left I just felt those waves of sickness. Upset stomach, bad dryed out sinuses, aches and pains and gas. And the worst is this brain fog. Its plain terrible. I cant wait for this crap to end. I did look up how long this crap can go on and it said up to two weeks!!! However I did not smoke. I did chew a nicotene gum to make this bad feeling go away, first one in two days.

thanks t, and honeycrips and everybody. You guys are great. Letting me moan and complain and make this log on the first week on quitting. Very nice of you all.

ONE MORE QUESTION: why stay away from Livingston Mall???? Too much stress??

I made it thru that hell this afternoon. I cant believe it either. Ohh tommorrow has got to be better.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,691,283 times
You have to admit it's getting better.
A little better, all the time.

Can't get no worse.....

Old 07-09-2009, 03:07 PM

you know what funny , I looked up did a search and said feel lousy after quitting smoking. Well some site came up and people who smoked for along period of time all complained that even after 6 months they felt crappy. Same symptoms as me however except one, I cant eat so I am losing weight. They all gained weight. However aches, pains, cough, sore throat, bloating and heartburn and headaches. I guess when you smoke for along time and I mean long time me 27 years your gonna suffer for along time too. I am not going to let this beat me, I am going try and be normal. Maybe its psychological??

Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 PM

4,111 posts, read 12,829,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post

ONE MORE QUESTION: why stay away from Livingston Mall???? Too much stress??

I made it thru that hell this afternoon. I cant believe it either. Ohh tommorrow has got to be better.
It will be, every day you'll feel better, you'll see. I never smoked but it is a tough addiction to beat but it sounds like you're doing great, just keep busy when you can and when you're tired, take a snooze. This nice weather can serve as a good distraction.

On another thread, there was a lot of mention about Livingston Mall and crime (happens at every mall but Livingston Mall was specifically mentioned). Anyway, I know you like to shop - which can be a good distraction - just be careful and lock your car, hide your valuables etc

Old 07-11-2009, 02:31 AM

thanks , ONE WEEK TODAY!!!! No problems , slight cravings, weird still with coffee in the morning but the terrible sickness is getting better. I got this licked!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:53 AM

1,747 posts, read 4,822,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
well I am big on working out and heavy!! I lift like a maniac, and do a little cardio mostly heavy weights but I have not gained any weight yet. However my stomach is so upset and sour that I really cant eat too much. This quitting has thrown my whole body out of wack.

For example, chest pains, sour throat , tons of weird aches and pains, cough, tightness in chest, weird stomach aches, heartburn and headache. SOund like fun huh, the good news is it comes in waves , its managable, and you wont gain weight yet at the point because you feel to crappy to eat.

Listen I would not worry about a few lbs of weight. Thats sort of crazy, I mean most people who gain weight smoking eventually take it off. I think 5 lbs is no big deal , look at your other option LUNG CANCER, most smokers 87percent GET ALL THE CASES OF LUNG CANCER. So listen dont eat like a slob, watch the scale , quit smoking and work out. You will be fine. If I can do it, anyone can.

If you can get access to a pool, try doing some laps. It's like a good cardio workout and yoga at the same time. Plus there is something really soothing abut being in the water. I am pulling for you. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Keep it up!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
If you can get access to a pool, try doing some laps. It's like a good cardio workout and yoga at the same time. Plus there is something really soothing abut being in the water. I am pulling for you. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Keep it up!
thanks!!! I am pulling for you too sweetheart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health