Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:11 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,489,617 times

Advertisements

when do the withdrawl symptoms end. Its utter hell, the physical withdrawl is bad. I had to actually put on 2 patches. This is a real battle. Coke, food, booze is easy. I have never had such bad withdrawl symptoms, Im in sheer hell. WHen does it get better?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM

831 posts, read 2,431,911 times
Buy an electronic Cigarette. Its not a joke and you get the throat hits and nicotine but no tar and the rest of the bad stuff also no withdrawl. I smoked over a pack a day and tried it the very first day I was down to 4 analog cigarettes. The hardest part is getting use to the flavors they have but once you do you'll never go back to a real cigarette again because the taste is awful. There is a forum very similar to city data, where people ask and explain tons of things. (e-cigarette-forum.com) Also check out you tube you can see videos. I highly recommend it. There is a place online you can buy one really cheap its called widowsbeadwork.com she sells one of the best kind (imo) for $50.00 includes shipping. Good luck if you have any questions pm me.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,916,903 times
Ha. It gets better after about a week. The first couple of days are pure hell. I remember driving in my car SCREAMING out the window because I wanted to smoke so badly. You can do it!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,695,764 times
This may sound stupid but I know a cpl of ppl that did this..

get a cpl of plastic soda straws (white like a Cigarette.) Cut to the length of your fav smokes...pack a bit of tissue into the straw to decrease ther air flow rate....put the cut straws in the pack. When you're jonesing take one out and deeply inhale thru it as if taking a big drag. Hold it...treat it as real

try it before you blow the idea off ...it help a GF quit years ago.....

and it cost nothing....

BTW...STICK WITH WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU......I quit about 15 years ago and never looked back....bought myself a hi-tec bicycle as a reward
One of the few truly smart things I've ever done....Changed my life...for the better

jb

Old 07-05-2009, 08:42 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,476,632 times
Keep with it - I used the patch and have not smoked in 15 years - and I was a VERY heavy smoker -
My sister is paying the price - she has emphezema (wrong spelling) and can barely take a breath and is in agony - suffering every day
PLEASE KEEP WITH IT!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 AM

thanks I can use all the tips!! Well I am now at 24 hours and lets say it was utter and is sheer hell. I am in really bad withdrawl physical and I do feel a tab bit better than yesterday. I cant believe how addicted physically I am and was. I am not going to smoke, I am on the patch and as sad as it is , I still had bad withdrawl. I have had a two pack a day habit for along time. This crap is really really addicting. Yesterday I was really out of my mind. I could not focus on anything but utter pain and agony. I cant believe how hooked I was. Cocaine is no were near as bad as this for quitting. Coke and crack no way this is ten times harded. This is the biggest conflict I have had to hurdle. I can not even deal with the mental issues right now due to dealing with the physical. Sleep was hard, everything right now is hard.

24 hours smoke free. I will be stepping down to the lower patch soon too. I am not going back this is too damn miserable to go thru again. Thanks and all ideas are welcome.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 AM

9,309 posts, read 16,613,360 times
Stick with it Marilyn! You can do it! I wasn't able to do it myself and used Chantix, but I did it. I read cigarette smoking is more addictive than heroin. I haven't smoked in two years. Good luck!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Stick with it Marilyn! You can do it! I wasn't able to do it myself and used Chantix, but I did it. I read cigarette smoking is more addictive than heroin. I haven't smoked in two years. Good luck!
thats great, yes I am in the full blown stages of withdrawl right now and let me say, its utter hell. I dont want want but my body is so aching, I cant eat, sleep, chest pains, Heartburn lets say that this is one killer addiction. It had me so hooked that Im scared to ever do this again now two.

here is the one good thing, I see better now. Funny but true, things seem alittle clearer. I also now do not do a damn thing wrong, so with this last addiction I am now Mother Theresa.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 AM

308 posts, read 678,367 times
You can do it! The reward is so much greater than the temporary pain you have to endure. Others have done it and so can you! I'm praying for you!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 AM

308 posts, read 678,367 times
Keep your eyes on the prize! : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health