Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:15 PM

28 posts, read 21,358 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty much the same way.

I wake up exhausted and go sleep exhausted. Though my body literally does not let me take naps there is rarely a moment when I feel like I couldn't use one.

To be honest I just started a new demanding and stressful job with Long hours so I haven't had time to excerciss as much as I should.... But even before I got this job and I had the time to excerciss about 3 days a week I still felt tired all the time.

For me I have come to realize that most of my issue is my anxiety. I have very bad anxiety and I also have OCD so I think my mind is just running on overdrive and it really wears me out. I also have low thyroid and I am on medicine for that.

So I don't really have much of a solution for you, but you are not alone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 05:58 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I don't know who's "recent" question this might be...it's an older thread. In my long life, I find there are generally low and high energy people. I tend to the end of high energy but believe that thyroid needs to be addressed and is missed by so many docs and not given the "best" thyroid support when they do get people on thyroid medication. I spent 10 miserable years trying to get thyroid help and doc kept saying the labs are "normal"...we are not numbers -- we are symptoms.

Before labs came into existence in the 70's, the old school doctors gave theraputic doses of desiccated thyroid to patients with their long list of symptoms. Now it's numbers and synthroid (crap). When their patients reported back to them on how they were feeling, the doctors went from there with updosing.

My D.O. finally in 2002 after my 10 yrs of numbers with another MD, called in to the pharmacy for armour, no labs, and in 4 days or so 10 yrs of depression lifted...I was finally on my way and then I bought books, talked to people, went on support groups for thyroid help.....

Old 03-18-2016, 06:07 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Some of the symptoms commonly described in this thread - low energy, easy exhaustion, aches and pains, hair loss, sensitivity to cold - can be associated with autoimmune conditions. If this sounds like you, and nothing else has shown up, ask your doctor to have an antinuclear antibody test (ANA) run the next time he or she orders bloodwork for you.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:07 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl45 View Post
I'm pretty much the same way.

I wake up exhausted and go sleep exhausted. Though my body literally does not let me take naps there is rarely a moment when I feel like I couldn't use one.

To be honest I just started a new demanding and stressful job with Long hours so I haven't had time to excerciss as much as I should.... But even before I got this job and I had the time to excerciss about 3 days a week I still felt tired all the time.

For me I have come to realize that most of my issue is my anxiety. I have very bad anxiety and I also have OCD so I think my mind is just running on overdrive and it really wears me out. I also have low thyroid and I am on medicine for that.

So I don't really have much of a solution for you, but you are not alone!

I've come to realize that I think maybe my tiredness is emotional fatigue as well though mine is mostly depression but I also get tired with my gastritis. I find I can't wake up in the early morning without feeling like absolute crap no matter what time I would go to sleep. It seems those two issues are a vicious cycle. Gastritis fuels depression depression fuels gastritis (mix in slight anxiety..more prone)

Old 03-22-2016, 01:49 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Thanks for the info.

Do you mean we should get a full blood panel, checking on all vitamins?

My bloodwork is excellent, my thyroid is just a little off, my vitamin levels are all great.

But despite thyroid meds I am always tired and can't concentrate. My hairloss stopped though and I have a bit more energy.

You posted a message but I can only know to repy here. I'm not bouncing off the walls with energy. I'm older too going on 78. And deal with a messed up hip replacement that has left me with so much more pain and issues I live with. And bodywide OA which gives me pain.

I truly believe I have more energy due to Grape Seed Extract which thins and cleans our blood of free radicals. I'm on grape seed ex 21 yrs soon. It's been a salvation in many ways.

I do take NP thyroid, generic to Armour and at this point take 135mg daily now. 120mg early morning and then 15mg later in day. Been on Armour since 2002, found this generic which is much better and less money as armour has gone too expensive since they sold the company.

I take extra potassium for energy. I've done a lot of research on potassium and energy and could write a lot about this. You can do a search. Low Sodium V8 is high in potassium and I should buy stock in this V8.

I've had all labs done over the years and potassium always came in on low end of range. As long as things are in range, the doc says nothing. We have to be aware of so much and a friend with CFS works with more potassium daily so we exchanged a lot of help on the potassium issue. One could eat a lot more potassium rich foods but how much food can we consume?

Also I've read so much about Pantothenic Acid for energy and higher dosing and found that Pantethine is the better choice for absorption.

I take all the B vitamins separately. My personal thoughts are go to the grape seed ex and give that a chance to give you more energy.... I'll stop for now but you can ask me anything.

A friend who deals with MS and takes all supps and LDN for her management says once she started on Iodine daily she has more energy. I also take 3-4 drops of Iosol iodine daily in "clean" water...don't use tap water.....we are fluoridated....ughhh

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-22-2016 at 01:59 PM..

Old 03-23-2016, 05:31 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
I take b12, iron, vitamins and a few other things daily. It's helped a bit. But as I'm missing a lot of the important part of where you digest from complications from colitus, I'm still not sure how much I absorb of those. I never have a lot of energy unless I'm totally wrappped up with what I'm doing.

I tell doctors when they talk about medication, but most of it doesn't work right either.

I've felt notably more tired since I had the surgery to otherwise improve my health.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:52 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Just another avenue...I had a soft-tissue tumor (benign) on my pituitary gland, which required surgery to remove it. That caused low-energy for me. Just google pituitary tumor to discuss with your doctor, as a possibility. Shows up on an MRI of the brain, if that route is taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health