Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:16 PM

159 posts, read 238,561 times

Advertisements

But who said this was killing just for the fun of it? Maybe they intended to rob and hold for ransom? Who knows what the real reason is but this isn't the first time mexican pirates have attacked americans on this lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
Dirty deeds done cheap have gone on for years. If someone wants you gone, all they have to do is get you over there, and it's very cheap - always has been. It used to be about $500 but it's about a tenth of that now if you know the right people. Crimes ordered up in the USA but carried out in Mexico (and vice versa) are perfect because they'll almost always remain unsolved and unpunishable.

and Malamute:

The fact remains, the most violent thugs have no problem at all getting over that open border they control into the USA.

The killing of the consulate workers was interesting that way. Two US citizens were killed, one who worked at the Consulate, the killer lived in the USA, and the hit was ordered up by the Juarez cartel also living in the USA. The crime itself was carried out in Mexico. The killer came right and said they were killed because she was involved in selling visas to the enemy cartel. And visa selling has been going on for a long time at that Consulate and the government knew it.

But if word gets out that some very violent cartels control that whole Falcon Lake and can easily cross it and come on over as they please - some Americans could think something should be done about that.
__________________________________________________ _____

Right on the money, That is the reality whether you like it or not!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
It's the perfect crime. Whenever I'm thinking about killing an enemy or someone I don't want, I'll invite them jet skiing, shoot one of them, toss the gun in the water.

Moreover, that part of Mexico is wildly unsafe and most people would know better than to stray past the border. ESPECIALLY if you're from the Rio Grande Valley (which this couple was)... you know better. You know who the zetas are and you know where their turf is.

People have stopped fishing at Amistad and at Falcon... great! more fish for me! I never cross the buoy marking the international line, and I've never had a problem. I've got a pretty nice boat too. It just seems too suspicious. What was the motive? Usually they harm the woman.... why did she escape unscathed. Sorry... just another smear campaign.

And to el_inombrable. You're godamn right. Americans don't give to s**ts about thousands and thousands and thousands of deaths and lives ruined south of the border, but the minute one American murder comes up, where the culprit could be those 'evil mexicans'... the nation's up in arms.

Perry is an idiot who's trying to look tough strong-arming Mexico. Unfortunately, this sort of rhetoric wins with the idiotic masses in the state.
Wow.

First you hint that the woman killed her husband.
Then you blame the victims.
Finally, you think we are over-reacting because alledgedly a mexican did it? LOL. It's a sensational story no matter where it occurred and unlike Mexico attacking some innocent bystanders or finding 80 bodies buried on a farm or beheading prosecutors actually makes the news in the US.

I know some people will use this for political gain but parts of Mexico are awash in violence and I am ACUTELY saddened for the many innocents caught up in this regardless of nationality.

Personally, I would hope for martial law to be declared and outright annihilation of the gangs. Additionally, anyone using these drugs should take a long hard look at what they are partially responsible for.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I am skeptical as well since that women's story has too many holes in it.

First off how come she does not get hit/grazed by bullets?

Second of all where is the gun shot residue on the jetski?
They were being fired at by machine guns so it's no surprise some bullets missed their mark.... As far a the gunpowder residue and the jetski goes, unless I'm mistaken the gun has to be pretty close for that to happen.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
They were being fired at by machine guns so it's no surprise some bullets missed their mark.... As far a the gunpowder residue and the jetski goes, unless I'm mistaken the gun has to be pretty close for that to happen.
Great post.

They were firing at a moving target from a boat that was moving and yes, if they were close enough to get gunpowder residue on the jetski they'd have had to have been riding on it with them.

It's one thing to be skeptical of the story but with reasoning like that posters it's kinda sad.

It's amazing how many people have never shot a gun and don't realize how hard it can be to even hit a stationary target while stationary...especially if you are untrained and just spraying bullets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico