Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 11:55 AM

627 posts, read 1,291,890 times

Advertisements

Hello, all!

Mexico is such a beautiful place... I know there's no need to tell those who live there.

I have always been attracted to the coast, whether here in the US or any other place I've been to, not that there have been many.

I would love to hear any experiences or opinions and differences between the two coasts, not for vacationing or touring.

I'm talking about residing.

How do the climate, atmosphere, etc., compare from coast to coast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 03:09 PM

449 posts, read 874,651 times
Default Fyi

For me, it is definetly the Mayan one. We spent 7 glorious weeks there at a condominium called "Sol y Mar," and it was a fantastic experience. We had the beautiful blue ocean and white sand in the front, and the bay in the back.

We would go to the town and mix with the locals, sit by the plaza, buy groceries, etc. Very nice people, humble, and giving. I was short 25c for the bus, due to lack of change one day, and a local give it to me.

We went to Cozumel, and also had a very good experience. The Mexican Riviera, is beautiful, also, but more crowded. Love Cancun.............

Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,159,217 times
They are both beautiful. If you want calmer, clearer waters, then the Caribbean side is the way to go. Both have equally warm waters, but the Pacific tends to be rougher-that, combined with darker sand, means that the water usually is a dark blue color. But you can still find clear beaches in the Pacific. Some spots of Puerto Vallarta, as well as Cabo, have clear waters. Plus, there is also the Sea of Cortez, an extension of the Pacific, which has beaches that look like Cancun.

Cancun (Caribbean):

Los Cabos (Pacific meets the Sea of Cortez):

Puerto Penasco (Sea of Cortez):

Mazatlan (Pacific):

Compare that to the mediocre Gulf Coast beaches of Mexico, like Tampico:

Old 03-06-2015, 02:30 PM

6 posts, read 13,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
Hello, all!

Mexico is such a beautiful place... I know there's no need to tell those who live there.

I have always been attracted to the coast, whether here in the US or any other place I've been to, not that there have been many.

I would love to hear any experiences or opinions and differences between the two coasts, not for vacationing or touring.

Both awesome.

Riviera Maya, think Florida like weather, (humidity) and all...

Mexican Riviera depends....

Which coastal Town.....

You pick all great, all have pro's and con's.

I have been to all on business and pleasure, and I can say for visiting Riviera Maya, for living long term (permanent as expat) Vallarta........

Old 03-07-2015, 11:47 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,462,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
Hello, all!

Ive been to Vallarta, Acapulco, Cancun, Manzanillo, Nayarit, Mazatlan, Puerto Penasco, and Los Cabos and can tell you:

Pacific Coast is better in terms of geography desert beaches like Puerto Penasco, or tropical beaches from Mazatlan down to Huatulco.

the only nice beaches on the eastern coast are the beaches along Riviera Maya, the gulf coast is nothing special.

in terms of climate, pacific coast has more variety. tropical and arid beaches, east is just tropical and subtropical. July along the Pacific Coast in mexico gives you a dry 105 F in Puerto Penasco, a humid 100 F in Culiacan, and humid heat from Mazatlan downards. Hottest beaches are in the Sea of Cortez.

cancun is amazing destination as well, great for tourists. so much to see and do.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,193 times
which coast of Mexico has less humidity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico