Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
unless you are a foreigner and come into the US. then you can apparantly do whatever the hell you want.
Yes, especially if you are working for the cartels. You are then allowed to bring drugs over the border, traffic humans, buy up weapons - you name it. The USA government will keep an eye on you in case it decides your cartel got too out of line, then you might get dealt with - but otherwise, you and your cartel control the border, you can access any region of the USA.

DEA, ICE and U.S. Marshals conducting operations in El Paso as authorities arrest 200 nationwide - El Paso Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,341,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, especially if you are working for the cartels. You are then allowed to bring drugs over the border, traffic humans, buy up weapons - you name it. The USA government will keep an eye on you in case it decides your cartel got too out of line, then you might get dealt with - but otherwise, you and your cartel control the border, you can access any region of the USA.

DEA, ICE and U.S. Marshals conducting operations in El Paso as authorities arrest 200 nationwide - El Paso Times
If the cartels and all drug smuggling was eliminated, then how could DEA, ICE, FBI, state and federal judges, other law enforcement like local cops, prison employees, etc., keep their jobs and all the businesses and jobs dependent upon those jobs? They don't want to stop drugs because it's their job security they are worried about. When they have to crack down for a show that they are doing something, they always do but it's only a show.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
If the cartels and all drug smuggling was eliminated, then how could DEA, ICE, FBI, state and federal judges, other law enforcement like local cops, prison employees, etc., keep their jobs and all the businesses and jobs dependent upon those jobs? They don't want to stop drugs because it's their job security they are worried about. When they have to crack down for a show that they are doing something, they always do but it's only a show.
Is that how it works with police forces, too? That they don't really want crime to drop and to stop all the burglaries and car thefts and assaults because their jobs depend on them?

What about doctors and hospitals? Surely they don't want everyone to get better and end up jobless? Or militaries, do they really want to win a war and go home?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
Is that how it works with police forces, too? That they don't really want crime to drop and to stop all the burglaries and car thefts and assaults because their jobs depend on them?

What about doctors and hospitals? Surely they don't want everyone to get better and end up jobless? Or militaries, do they really want to win a war and go home?
O.K. let's imagine that the aliens landed here tomorrow and had a cure for all diseases. How happy do you think the medical profession and Big Pharma would be with that? Do you know how many businesses that would bankrupt and stocks crash? Hospitals would close, cemeteries would lose business, millions would be out of work.

I betting our military would love to have a clear victory in its two current wars so it can go home victorious. We keep a military but most of them would rather not go to war.

If all local crime stopped how many cops would be happy about being laid off? What other job could most of them do, private security? No we wouldn't need that either.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:04 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Most of what we humans do for a living is a part of battling the problems of living. Fighting against crime, battling against disease, putting out fires, putting food on the table, rebuilding things damaged or destroyed by accidents, age, or weather. None of that means the people in their respective livelihoods have conspired to get whatever problem they deal with alive and well. That kind of speculation is usually reserved for those with time on their hands.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
Most of what we humans do for a living is a part of battling the problems of living. Fighting against crime, battling against disease, putting out fires, putting food on the table, rebuilding things damaged or destroyed by accidents, age, or weather. None of that means the people in their respective livelihoods have conspired to get whatever problem they deal with alive and well. That kind of speculation is usually reserved for those with time on their hands.
That doesn't make sense.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
The poster is saying that life or nature is disorderly. Humans spend their time trying to put things in order or to control things. The poster is saying for humans to purposely put things in disarray makes no sense.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Right .....so it's the victims fault....give me one LARGE break!
I did not state it was the victims fault. I was merely pointing out they should have been behaved. Do you want tourists coming to the US getting publicy drunk and destroying property?

I don't have an opinion if it happened or not. I wasn't there. neither were you so why jump to the conclusion that she was vicimized? Are you friends with here? where you there? Why would somone that was raped stay an additional few weeks in the country (I'd pack up and leave)? Why was the rape kit negative? Ge me a LARGE break.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The poster is saying that life or nature is disorderly. Humans spend their time trying to put things in order or to control things. The poster is saying for humans to purposely put things in disarray makes no sense.
No the poster is confusing different issues.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 964 times
I just came back from a 2 week holiday in the PC area...no problems at all. I've traveled to this part of Mexico on 6 occasions, once bringing my kids. I was speaking to some nationals while we were there about this issue and they said that the couple had stayed at the same resort I was staying. That the man had been asking around where he could buy drugs and that he went to Playa to get some drugs to "resell" to north Americans. They explained that the woman offered sexual favours to get out of jail and that then she cried "rape". There was no reason for these people to make this up to me as I was already down there enjoying my vacation and would go back again because I felt safe. So, not sure who is telling the truth and who is lying, but this story seems less and less credible the more I think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico