Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:41 PM

155 posts, read 360,484 times

Advertisements

Yeah: "Speeches of politicans"

The World Bank
talktank.wordpress
New York Times
U.S. Census Bureau
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sure. they are very unreliable.

Still, you rely solely on your plain words. They do not mean a thing to me. Nor my own words would mean anything to anybody, that is why I rely on official sources.

Told you; "You won't prove me wrong". (Sorry buddy, you've gotta change you paradigms or life will pass you by and forget about you).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,340,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicomike View Post
According to an article in "Siglo" a couple of years ago, less than half of the Mexican population is covered by ANY healthcare system with the two largest providers being IMSS and ISSTE. Many neighborhoods in builtup areas have health centers. Many of the Farmacias have a "resident" medico who often charges 25 pesos or so. I remember another article in the Informador in which an elderly couple took in a young man who gave them fifty pesos (mas o menos) daily to cover all three people's expenses.
President Calderon has rejuvenated Seguro Popular and is building new hospitals and clinics. The hospital doctors are doctors in private practice who work at the hospitals a few days a week. Calderon wants all residents (not just citizens) of Mexico who do not have other insurance to enroll in Seguro Popular.

IMSS does not cover preexisting conditions and is having financial problems due to doctors claiming pensions who might not have worked the hours they claim to have worked in IMSS.
Universal health care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Employed citizens and their dependents, however, are further eligible to use the health care program administered and operated by the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS)
Quote:
Employees in the public sector are serviced by the Instituto de Seguridad y Servicios Sociales de los Trabajadores del Estado (ISSSTE)
Quote:
The government of the states in Mexico also provide health services independently of those services provided by the federal government programs. In most states, the state government has established free or subsidized healthcare to all their citizens.
Mexico Nears Universal Health Care Goal | PBS NewsHour

Quote:
I have a couple challenges in the 14 months to go in President Calderón's administration -- actually reaching the universal coverage, guaranteeing that every Mexican that wants coverage can have it.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Seguro Popular is a new and unproven, untested program. I hope it brings better options to people who need it. But there is such little experience with it any endorsements at this point are simply false information and forum game-playing. Come back in two years, then talk about success and/or failure. These programs aren't intended for expats, though. Unless they're deadbeats living in Mexico.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 AM

Gomexico amuses me.

Gomexico: I will run out of documents and evidence like those ones I have already posted (which prove everything you say wrong) in about 6 or 7 months. By then, a similar number will have been produced to keep backing me.

Seguro Pupular is a "new and unproven, untested program". Sure

Especially after being adopted by more than 20 countries by recommendation of the World Bank, ten years running and having 45 million Mexicans covered. Sure

No program is perfect, we have a long way to go, certainly, but Mexico is not the same it used to be. We live in a different country (always bashed by PRI-supported media and US media).

Anyone interested in Social Protection in Mexico?

The Vivir Mejor Strategy
The Human Development Programme Oportunidades
The Food Support Programme
Child Day-care Centre Programme to Support Working Mothers
Pensions for the Elderly: the 70 and Over Programme and Social Security
Job Protection and Unemployment Benefits
Health Insurance Seguro Popular
Unemployment Benefit Scheme in Mexico City

Listen Gomexico: Document compiled by ILO (International Labor Organization) and The World Bank.

G20 SPF Mexico brief final 22082011_EN
http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rc...hg0oEPST4MRWtA

Old 04-12-2012, 05:10 AM

Geree you and I live in Mexico. You are a Mexican citizen if I remember correctly, and I am an expat. Gomexico who doesn't live in Mexico thinks it is his/her job to correct us and constantly put Mexico down. Neither of us can write anything about Mexico without being wrong according to Gomexico.

The government of Mexico is smart enough to know how to write its laws and if Mexico allows all residents of Mexico to join Seguro Popular, Mexico knows what that will cost. IMSS is having financial problems due to past mismanagement and doctors who want to collect pensions from IMSS. Mexico apparently wants to move everyone from IMSS to Seguro Popular and get rid of IMSS.

Gomexico is wrong about deadbeats. Deadbeats cannot legally live in Mexico. A foreigner must have a certain amount on provable income and show his immigration status, an FM3/2, to join SP.

SP is no longer intended to be healthcare only for the poor. It is being revamped to make sure all residents of Mexico have health insurance. Many foreigners have been billed for certain services at SP and they pay for those services. It's not a free ride for free loaders who can afford to pay for some services.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geree View Post
Gomexico amuses me.

Gomexico: I will run out of documents and evidence like those ones I have already posted (which prove everything you say wrong) in about 6 or 7 months. By then, a similar number will have been produced to keep backing me.

Seguro Pupular is a "new and unproven, untested program". Sure

Especially after being adopted by more than 20 countries by recommendation of the World Bank, ten years running and having 45 million Mexicans covered. Sure

No program is perfect, we have a long way to go, certainly, but Mexico is not the same it used to be. We live in a different country (always bashed by PRI-supported media and US media).

Anyone interested in Social Protection in Mexico?

The Vivir Mejor Strategy
The Human Development Programme Oportunidades
The Food Support Programme
Child Day-care Centre Programme to Support Working Mothers
Pensions for the Elderly: the 70 and Over Programme and Social Security
Job Protection and Unemployment Benefits
Health Insurance Seguro Popular
Unemployment Benefit Scheme in Mexico City

Listen Gomexico: Document compiled by ILO (International Labor Organization) and The World Bank.

G20 SPF Mexico brief final 22082011_EN
http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rc...hg0oEPST4MRWtA
Maybe I missed it in your list but did you include DIF and INAMAP? Both social programs to help mothers and the elderly.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
Geree you and I live in Mexico. You are a Mexican citizen if I remember correctly, and I am an expat. Gomexico who doesn't live in Mexico thinks it is his/her job to correct us and constantly put Mexico down. Neither of us can write anything about Mexico without being wrong according to Gomexico.

SP is no longer intended to be healthcare only for the poor. It is being revamped to make sure all residents of Mexico have health insurance. Many foreigners have been billed for certain services at SP and they pay for those services. It's not a free ride for free loaders who can afford to pay for some services.
Correct. Yo soy mexicano 100%, vivo en Guanajuato y tengo raices purepechas.

I am affiliated to Seguro Popular since 2007. I have made use of it a few times, and I can tell you it has saved me tons of pain, especially by getting two of my back teeth fixed after fracturing them. What I paid? Not a cent!

Indeed, if someone wants to make use of SP without being affiliated, he or she needs to pay.

For Mexican citizens, SP is wide open, but they have first to become affiliated.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Maybe I missed it in your list but did you include DIF and INAMAP? Both social programs to help mothers and the elderly.
I did not include them in the last post, but I had in a previous one. My mother is a beneficiary of both. Cheers.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geree View Post
Correct. Yo soy mexicano 100%, vivo en Guanajuato y tengo raices purepechas.

I am affiliated to Seguro Popular since 2007. I have made use of it a few times, and I can tell you it has saved me tons of pain, especially by getting two of my back teeth fixed after fracturing them. What I paid? Not a cent!

Indeed, if someone wants to make use of SP without being affiliated, he or she needs to pay.

For Mexican citizens, SP is wide open, but they have first to become affiliated.
SP is open to all residents of Mexico, even us Gringos. I joined and I've seen the local doctor once to open a file. Very nice, professional and courteous man. A friend was just released from a private hospital in Guadalajara where surgery and a 5 day stay cost her over $300,000 pesos. She and her husband are joining SP as soon as possible.

So far from the foreigners who have used SP for surgery and hospital stays, SP isn't fancy like a private hospital but they all survived without complications and with very little extra expense. What more can one want?

BTW, the new SP hospital in San Miguel de Allende is the fanciest state of the art hospital in the area. Doctors want to see patients in it. Hats off to Presidente Calderon.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
BTW, the new SP hospital in San Miguel de Allende is the fanciest state of the art hospital in the area. Doctors want to see patients in it. Hats off to Presidente Calderon.
I know! Also the "Hospital de Alta Especialidad" in Leon is a state of the art brand new hospital, where you can see Americans being treated. All Mexicans regardless of economic situation, as long as they are afiliated to SP can be treated there (NO COST). Here is the site:

Sitio Oficial del Hospital Regional de Alta Especialidad del Bajío
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico