U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:27 PM

8,347 posts, read 10,926,693 times
I have never seen a website for any of the Mexican pharmacies. The last time I went to the Amsterdam pharmacy, I bought two bottles of Amoxicillin for $19.50. Each bottle held 60 500mg caplets. I haven't been over for a couple of years, so I'm sure that it's gone up by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 PM

29 posts, read 47,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Some (not all) will have a US RX reference book when you give a US brand name so they will try to cross reference it. Some yrs back had one of those books from a friend that had worked in a US hospital. Came in very handy for some info.

As to prices...they will be a lot cheaper them the US mkt as Pharasists do not get the high wages they get in the US.

What can be done (bit unethical) is to claim some of your purchased meds and keep quiet about your other purchases...just have the bag on the front seat to show them...same with buying booze as your allowed 40oz per person. I would buy 2-3 bottles and declared one on the front seat. I know what some are thinking here but that was many yrs back.

As to the meds, some are made in the US based upon the labels.
sounds good....but im going to be walking across the border, so my bags will be exrayed.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,703,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watnow78 View Post
sounds good....but im going to be walking across the border, so my bags will be exrayed.
Thing is the x-ray is done after you have crossed and the agent who interviews you to let you in doesn't say anything to the x-ray guys. Pills in normal pharmacy bottles are extremely common so it won't seem out of place at all and you should have no issue with it. Just be honest and say you needed to save some money and got your prescription filled down there. If its something a reputable Mexican pharmacy will sell you without a prescription you won't have any issues bringing it in. The reputable places won't sell you pain killers and the strong antibiotics without the prescription.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Since were on the subject of Prescriptions, anyone know where to find contact lenses? Or do you need a prescription as well?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Since were on the subject of Prescriptions, anyone know where to find contact lenses? Or do you need a prescription as well?
Places like Devlyn do an eye exam real cheap, 150 pesos or so. Dont know if they would sell them without it. Contacts are not cheap though, more competition and less taxes in US.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:37 PM

2,472 posts, read 299,818 times
Quote:
Im looking to find info on a trust worthy Pharmacy in Tijuana. A place where the prescriptions wont kill you . I have a sever case of Psoriasis and the meds in Cali are expensive. Looking to buy legit topical creams and lotions. Thanks all.

Also note, that I just returned from Mexico and in the past year almost every prescription has more than doubled in price.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Doing some digging around i found this:

Tijuana Vision Optical one of the best optics in Tijuana Mexico offer professional visual examination, we have all brands of contact lenses from top manufacturers, Johnson & Johnson, Ciba Vision, Bausch & Lomb and CooperVision.
Optometrist Graduated from Universidad Xochicalco with over 10 years experience, comprehensive eye exams and accurate adapt all types of soft contact lenses for nearsightedness or farsightedness, bifocal and multifocal toric for astigmatism soft and rigid gas permeable.

We offer the best clean and tasteful, modern equipment, personal attention and minimum waiting, with Free ample parking, easy access and hassle of traffic or parking problems.

Our Price:
-Contact Lenses for myopia or hyperopia $ 35 Dlls (box of 6 lenses)
Bifocal Contact Lenses-$ 1350 pesos (box of 6 lenses)
-Multifocal Contact Lenses $ 1550 pesos (box of 6 lenses)

* Price includes visual examination, contact lens adaptation and orientation

Also We have a huge assortment of lens frame, light, durable, tasteful and fashionable materials made of monel, alunimio, Titanium, Titanium flex, carbon, acetate and wood, making it more resistant, durable, flexible, lightweight and hypoallergenic.

We courier service throughout the United States for only $ 5 Dlls, and all Baja California Norte for 12 Dlls, Payment can be made in Mexican pesos or U.S. Dollars through our website Vision Optical Tijuana - Clinica * For shipping to other regions within Mexico, Asia, North and South America please speak by phone to set shipping fee.

Prices eyeglasses
Single-Monofocal or Vision - $ 50 Dlls
-Bifocal-$ 60 Dlls
-Progressive, Multifocal or Bifocal Invisibles - $ 140 Dlls

* Price includes: Visual exam, frame, prescription lenses, hard case and flannel

We will fill your prescriptions issued in U.S.A

We handle high quality materials for superior visual performance, Polycarbonate, Cr-39, Trivex, Transitions, Nupolar, High Index

SPOKEN ENGLISH *** ***

SEE OUR ONLINE CATALOG Vision Optical Tijuana - Clinica

Address: Blvd Sanchez Taboada # 929-1 (Plaza Hotel Monaco) Zona Centro, Tijuana BC Mexico (A BACK AREA OF COSTCO RIO)

Telef: (664) 638-1042
U.S.A (619) 618-2503
Email: vision_optical_tj@yahoo.com
Print a map from our website: Vision Optical Tijuana - Clinica

We accept: Visa, Mastercard, Money Order, Western Union Transfers and PayPal (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB and Discover)
Category:
Science & Technology
Tags:
viewpoints in tijuana tijuana contact lenses eye doctor optometrist contact lenses san diego tijuana tijuana optometrist optometrist eye doctor san diego chula vista chula vista eye doctor eye doctor optometrist angels angels nearsightedness farsightedness myopia optometrist hypermetropia astigmatism hyperopia astigmatism presbyopia presbyopia vision optical tijuana

Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM

Default Scam scam scam!!!!!

VISION OPTICAL IN TIJUANA IS A ROB.......

Went to this place and they offered $35 for exam and contact lenses. After the exam my eyes where -3.50 and -3.25. The doctor told me that only 1 box of lenses for both eyes is $35.00. He told me to use -3.25 for both eyes because thats what everyone does. To buy a second set would be an additional $35.00 for the -3.50.

So, i figured id cut my loses and take the one box and be on my way. But when i asked for them the Doctor said "well i dont have them in stock right now and i would have to make a trip to get them which will take 15-20 minutes".

Then the doctor tried to tell me that if i didnt want to wait that long, that he could sell me a set of 50.00 dollar lenses made by a different brand. I was pissed off and decided to wait the 20 minutes so he could pick them up. So 45 minutes later he shows up and and hands me an off brand name of lenses, and said there all out of the ones we had disscused. i grabbed them and left.

Such a SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!

Avoid this place at all times.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM

Lots of places would do that. They offer cheap eye exams in Mexico, but only if you are buying products too. Contacts are not cheap so be prepared.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 AM

10,893 posts, read 8,618,470 times
When I go to Tijuana for medications, I usually compare prices at 3 of them, since they're so close to one another, and buy from the cheapest, and checking carefully for the expiration dates. But, many times, I'll find one drug cheaper at one place, another medication more expensive at that same place, so I may buy from 2 or 3 places.

I knew someone who didn't have a prescrip for a controlled substance at a pharmacy, the pharmacy called a Dr. and the prescrip was approved over the telephone, sight unseen, but it cost him $30 for the prescrip.

I've never had any problems bringing medications across the border into San Ysidro, or anywhere else along the border, except crossing into Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico